Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NPC Chat Help

Monkey Boy

As some people know, pressing CTRL on a NPC allows a message to appear.

Could you have options on what YOU could say back? Click one? Then let him give a reply?

Example:

INSTEAD OF: Hi, can you go get my emerald back from the ruby tower?

EXAMPLE:
Fred: Can you do me a favor?
Player: What is it?
Fred: I lost my emerald in the Ruby Tower, can you go retrive it?
Player: Yes, im brave!/No, mabye later.

THINGS TO NOTICE:

1) A player can talk back.
2) Multiplile Chats with one NPC.
3) You can CHOOSE what you want to say.

How do you do 1,2, and 3?

As some people know, pressing CTRL on a NPC allows a message to appear.

Could you have options on what YOU could say back? Click one? Then let him give a reply?

Example:

INSTEAD OF: Hi, can you go get my emerald back from the ruby tower?

EXAMPLE:
Fred: Can you do me a favor?
Player: What is it?
Fred: I lost my emerald in the Ruby Tower, can you go retrive it?
Player: Yes, im brave!/No, mabye later.

THINGS TO NOTICE:

1) A player can talk back.
2) Multiplile Chats with one NPC.
3) You can CHOOSE what you want to say.

How do you do 1,2, and 3?

@мсичġġєт:

> You need logic to combine them. I don't know much scripting but my logic is *high*.

Then im dead, I dont know crap about script, and I have no idea what either of them are. I can tell the squiddle thing is something about kill rewards.
I dont see how that would effect text dialouge…

@мсичġġєт:

> You need logic to combine them. I don't know much scripting but my logic is *high*.

Then im dead, I dont know crap about script, and I have no idea what either of them are. I can tell the squiddle thing is something about kill rewards.
I dont see how that would effect text dialouge…

Either way you go about this, it's going to involve some heavy scripting, since it requires you to use custom menus. Miguu's has you directly creating the menus. And his doesn't involve any interactions. It's just text on a menu, to demonstrate things like tutorial NPCs. If I'm correct in understanding, you walk to chat with NPCs.

My system, which Soul mentioned, allows this. It's very detailed, though, and pretty heavy in scripting knowledge, so it'd likely be quite a task for you to set up. If you do get it, though, it's a hell of a lot more versatile than any other NPC chat out there, at least publicly. I made it as powerful a tool as possible, to allow scripters to get the full effect of a limitless chat system.

I'll give you the link. Feel free to consider it. http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,51472.0.html

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone other than me uses this, or at least they haven't said so. So, if you have questions, post them in the thread. I'm not on much, but if someone with some scripting knowledge sees it, they may be able to help you.

Either way you go about this, it's going to involve some heavy scripting, since it requires you to use custom menus. Miguu's has you directly creating the menus. And his doesn't involve any interactions. It's just text on a menu, to demonstrate things like tutorial NPCs. If I'm correct in understanding, you walk to chat with NPCs.

My system, which Soul mentioned, allows this. It's very detailed, though, and pretty heavy in scripting knowledge, so it'd likely be quite a task for you to set up. If you do get it, though, it's a hell of a lot more versatile than any other NPC chat out there, at least publicly. I made it as powerful a tool as possible, to allow scripters to get the full effect of a limitless chat system.

I'll give you the link. Feel free to consider it. http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,51472.0.html

Unfortunately, I don't think anyone other than me uses this, or at least they haven't said so. So, if you have questions, post them in the thread. I'm not on much, but if someone with some scripting knowledge sees it, they may be able to help you.

```
Case 1
Call CustomMenuShow (Index, "/GUI/Custom/YouPicture.jpg")
Call CustomMenuLabel(Index, "IDK about CustomMenuLabels someoe hep him with this part!!", X, X, 4)
Call CustomMenuLabel(Index, "IDK about CustomMenuLabels someoe hep him with this part!!", X, X, 6)

```add that wherever idk Custom Menu labels so prob messed up replace the X's where u want the message to show then on sub menu click add
```
If Clicked (Index) = 4 Then
Call CustomMenuShow(Index, "/GUI/Custom/YouPicture.jpg")
Call CustomMenuLabel(Index, "YOUR MESSAGE HERE", X, X, 5)
Else
If Clicked (Index) = 6 Then
Call CustomMenuLabel(Index, "YOUR MESSAGE HERE", X, X, 7)
```~pretty sure that should work as long as you add more to it like more If Clicked you could make even more dynamic speech probably nees some debugging but i made this in like 5 minutes ;)

```
Case 1
Call CustomMenuShow (Index, "/GUI/Custom/YouPicture.jpg")
Call CustomMenuLabel(Index, "IDK about CustomMenuLabels someoe hep him with this part!!", X, X, 4)
Call CustomMenuLabel(Index, "IDK about CustomMenuLabels someoe hep him with this part!!", X, X, 6)

```add that wherever idk Custom Menu labels so prob messed up replace the X's where u want the message to show then on sub menu click add
```
If Clicked (Index) = 4 Then
Call CustomMenuLabel(Index, "YOUR MESSAGE HERE", X, X, 5)
Else
If Clicked (Index) = 6 Then
Call CustomMenuLabel(Index, "YOUR MESSAGE HERE", X, X, 7)
```~pretty sure that should work as long as you add more to it like more If Clicked you could make even more dynamic speech probably nees some debugging but i made this in like 5 minutes ;)