Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FS - Logo

Too much text for a logo. I recomend making a simple, recognitionable graphical sign that would be added to this - the signs are ok as for hmm… a website header. But placing that in games, credits, banners, signatures, instalators seems a bit too much.

Also I think the pink font makes it harder to read the text when it's in it's smallest form. Cept that - nothing to say.

@HawkStorm:

> Yeah slym thats a great logo but not as good as your old one  :cheesy:

@Cyrus:

> Best logo so far, lets keep it?

Yeah this one is a huge improvement. My reasonings are:

* With this logo it allows a more profesional, and unique look to our company as a whole.
* We can use the Pink and Green as the two other colors (for fonts, icons, etc).
* This logo allows a more proffesional look to our websites, because now we can have a real theme.

That's just going down the basics.

@Kusy:

> Too much text for a logo. I recomend making a simple, recognitionable graphical sign that would be added to this - the signs are ok as for hmm… a website header. But placing that in games, credits, banners, signatures, instalators seems a bit too much.
>
> Also I think the pink font makes it harder to read the text when it's in it's smallest form. Cept that - nothing to say.

Well, it is a logo. And logos are text :P. A website header… haven't done that in a very long time. I don't design websites with real headers so making one is pointless. If you look at all the major real companies logos, you will notice that the amount of text is the same. The pink and green are for the two colors we will use throughout or theme. (well of course, not like as background colors. God help us when people do that lol). I may make a graphic sign for Fuseline Studios, but as of now that is questionable if it will ever be nesessary.

@Pete!:

> the pink font is weird; all the vowels are lower case except the last "O",but a "b" is lower case. Just seems random.

The lower case is more unique, and in some people's eyes it works out very well. It is on purpose of course.

[edit] I forgot to add, the little streaks of lines are not part of the logo, its a mini watermark. (I didn't want anyone re-arranging the letters into there own strange contraption lol)

Odd casing is often seen as childish in the professional world. Also as I said above 'most logos have an insignia picture'. That's part of what made the old one great. Don't get so caught up in being original that you lose sight of what it is you are trying to do. Professional rarely ever means "Original'" at least in the contexts I see the words used in. This is just some constructive criticism.

@`:

> Odd casing is often seen as childish in the professional world. Also as I said above 'most logos have an insignia picture'. That's part of what made the old one great. Don't get so caught up in being original that you lose sight of what it is you are trying to do. Professional rarely ever means "Original'" at least in the contexts I see the words used in. This is just some constructive criticism.

Well originality is part of being proffesional in a non direct way. You can be unique, and not be proffesional, but it is more proffesional to be unique as long as it flows with everything else. Odd casting is dangerous to do if you don't know how to use it right. If I were to use a more curved, or even a normal font like the sans-serif ones, it would look imature, childish, and pathetic. I would have to say that I feel I have used the correct font for it, making it flow with the rest of the logo.

Insignia pictures aren't always on logos, in fact, in a lot of the top game developers they don't really exsist. If you were to look at logos, they can be catagorized into two groups. One group is longer, more rectangular (if you look at dimmensions). The other would be shorter (more like a square in dimmensions). The longer more rectangular group can have a couple of catagories as well, insignia, and no insignia. When I was creating this new logo I looked at what it would look like with the same insignia we had on our last one. And with it, it just didn't flow. It made the logo to tall, it looked out of position. It just didn't work out.

Thankyou for the CC. Sorry if I sound like I'm argueing, I'm just trying to explain my reasoning for not using insignia, and odd casting.

I'm with pete here. The older one is better for a whole list of reasons. Your entitled to your own views but I'm just telling what I think based of the number of logos I've seen. I wasn't speaking about game development in particular, I was speaking about logos from different fields. Proper casing is a sign of proper writing, and therefore, more professional than neon colors and odd casing. If you have a few examples of where I might be wrong I'd love to see them.

I say use the old one, but again, it's your logo not mine.