Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Best version of Eclipse for me?

Justin Knight

I don't like Eclipse Origins really. The gold membership and the shared server thing kill it for me. I haven't been here for a while so I thought I'd ask if you guys if you knew what version of Eclipse would be best for me. 

Is there a version of Eclipse that has:

magic and skills

projectiles

32x64 height sprites

maybe rpg maker format sprites

and mp3 music

Let me know if you have any ideas!

Hey there Justin.

From what I read, it sounds like you want a really simple but capable engine.

For that, I would look into EO 2.3  || Found [here](http://www.eclipseorigins.com/community/index.php?/page/index.html/olddownloads.html) || <–-- Click me!

It's a nice base that includes almost all the features you mentioned above and then some.

You would have to manually add projectiles and mp3 support, but I would be willing to help you with that if you required it.

Thank you for the quick response Formerly Jaxx! I think EO 2.3 is actually what I used as a kid when I first joined this community. It should work perfect for my project. You may get a PM from me after I fail to get mp3 playback and projectiles in on my own though! :D

Hey, you may also want to look into Mirage Legacy, it's a lot like EO2.3 but has a few added things. I'm trying to use it, though don't use a long name, I'm having issues with logging in because of that, hope you find the right engine. (Eclipse Worlds is great too, if you talk to Seth and pay him then you can get even more features added to Worlds).