Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3D Logo and Stuff

Lavos

My Current title screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ka_jHztv8k&feature=youtu.be

I took a snap shot of my 3D engine and slapped on the logo with gimp, but then now I've thought of an idea of a animated title screen in 3D. hummmm…..

I wouldn't say the intro you have shown in the video is bad, but the animations are too "fancy", in a bad way. why not just a fade? a basic fade is elegand and more spohisticated than a zoom out animation. It also might be easier to code, I think.

Imo, it looks good. The only thing that gets me is the way that the animation plays. It zooms out way to slowly, I keep expecting it to finish, and then when it does, it's just not as satisfying (lol) as I wanted it to be. I would make the zoom out slightly faster, (or just end it sooner because the font does become a bit too tiny), and on top of that, add a screen flash of white when the logo is done. (As to imply that the letters have 'hit' the gear) I think that would make it look better.

> Imo, it looks good. The only thing that gets me is the way that the animation plays. It zooms out way to slowly, I keep expecting it to finish, and then when it does, it's just not as satisfying (lol) as I wanted it to be. I would make the zoom out slightly faster, (or just end it sooner because the font does become a bit too tiny), and on top of that, add a screen flash of white when the logo is done. (As to imply that the letters have 'hit' the gear) I think that would make it look better.

Scaling moves a lot faster when I don't have software recording my entire screen, everything you see from fading to scaling is all based on the game loop. It run s at 60 fps locked. Any drops of the fps will desync everything you assume should work with timing. It all depends on how fast or shitty your pc will be when you run it.

That's very cool. It's more on the pro side than a lot of other people's stuff. Yes very pro stuff, very nice. I think it needs even more going on though, like more art for the choices in the bottom right corner. The logo needs to really take up most of the whole screen, with the space that's left being filled up with the choices. There is so much dead space taking up the screen, with only small spaces for the logo and the choices, it just ante right.

The Rubesoft logo in the beginning looks great, very professional indeed. Over all a very clean professional looking menu that just needs a little adjustment to be perfect.

> The logo needs to really take up most of the whole screen

I have to disagree.  If it took up the whole screen, it would clash with the logo at the beginning following the fade. 

Having said that, putting something small on the path in the middle might be a good idea.  Of course to many gaming companies, that would probably mean cleavage.  Maybe a character or two on the path would be something to consider.

I was thinking about adding a credit scene fading in and out at the bottom left corner of the form and replace the background with a prologue scenario. While u watch the background move u could login whenever u please.