Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Changing the chat bubbles..?

shinebox43

Is there a way to change the location of Eclipse's chat balloons? Like from the bottom of your character to the top. If this is a script that is changeable, is there a copy and paste for it somewhere on this site? The text in Eclipse is very hard to read on the screen, so I tried altering the balloon in Tile Set 10-I colored it yellow to offset the gray text. But I know when I log on it will look ugly, so please get back to me if there is a solution that I simply missed. :azn:

@Kane:

> Robin knows

Please stop doing that. Robin knows a lot of things, but just telling someone that he knows how to do this doesn't help them at all, especially since Robin can't help everyone on these forums.

@shinebox43:

> Is there a way to change the location of Eclipse's chat balloons? Like from the bottom of your character to the top. If this is a script that is changeable, is there a copy and paste for it somewhere on this site? The text in Eclipse is very hard to read on the screen, so I tried altering the balloon in Tile Set 10-I colored it yellow to offset the gray text. But I know when I log on it will look ugly, so please get back to me if there is a solution that I simply missed. :azn:

You will have to do this through editing the source code, and you'll need the Visual Basic 6 program to do this. I happen to know how to edit the source code to move the location of the text box, but I will explain that to you once I know that you have the source code and are able to edit it.

@Kane:

> Robin knows

:icon_nif:

You know, maybe people don't like random noobs spamming their Private Message inbox with Questions they could READ UP ON over time?

If you don't have an answer, then you don't need to make a response topic in Questions.

shinebox:
Another little thing you could do graphically is dither the chat box graphics in Tiles10.bmp to make it transparent.

lol I don't spam anyone, I didn't even ask Robin. I wouldn't just assert myself to a stranger for information that can be answered by the public. But thx for your little 'tip'… KK, I'm dling Visual Basic 6, and I'll look in the client/server folders for the config or script file with the right codes. [Is it in Main or Dialog file maybe?]….Ok, so I see some codes for the text color, but I think this is for the chatbox..hmm..ok well I'll keep looking, and I think my dl is done. Thx for helping me out, it's been really bugging me that when I walk to the side of the screen, my text balloon disappears  XD