EclipseOS

ark0n

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@SHADERS:

> how about this. he is trying his best to help some newbs like me out and all you are is just flamming him
>
> just ignore them 140, i support you 100%

Do you know how to install linux and do you have a server or pc to run this linux on? if its your main pc then do you know how to setup a proper bootloader and properly petition your drives?

nope nope and nope. i have my older brother to do that for me

but still, he is trying to help any newb with eclipse and he is trying his best.

if you are going to flame then stfu, you have no life and are probably some fat kid at a internet cafe who think he is so cool and thinks the world revolves around you but if you get any fatter, it might. so if you wont stop flamming, then you have proved my point and need to stfu.

and please dont stop making this, it will help me alot. i think

I admire your initiative, but there is no way this would ever work, ever. Even if you configured a build of Linux with an Eclipse server and WINE and everything,
A) it would still be more difficult to install and use Linux than it would be to just use Eclipse in the first place and
B) there is no way you could finish it by Dec. 20.
If you really want to do something though, you should try to get into Eclipse development.

How will this help you and a lot? This is more complicated then downloading the stable version and unzipping it by 1000 times. Your older brother is going to install and setup linux for you?

Now if this project was in C# and not added or made into a OS then yeah I would support that but this is just a crazy idea.

Shader your harassment is not needed also its one the reasons so many developers split is from the youngsters really being rude.

@Kanе:

> How will this help you and a lot? This is more complicated then downloading the stable version and unzipping it by 1000 times. Your older brother is going to install and setup linux for you?
>
> Now if this project was in C# and not added or made into a OS then yeah I would support that but this is just a crazy idea.
>
> Shader your harassment is not needed also its one the reasons so many developers split is from the youngsters really being rude.

you just proved my point…

@SHADERS:

> @Kanе:
>
> > How will this help you and a lot? This is more complicated then downloading the stable version and unzipping it by 1000 times. Your older brother is going to install and setup linux for you?
> >
> > Now if this project was in C# and not added or made into a OS then yeah I would support that but this is just a crazy idea.
> >
> > Shader your harassment is not needed also its one the reasons so many developers split is from the youngsters really being rude.
>
> you just proved my point…

I'm not following your logic.

Nobody would download a WHOLE OS just to use Eclipse, that's just...

Library Files, two steps. Download, Run.

WINE, it's not that hard.

@SHADERS:

> @Kanе:
>
> > How will this help you and a lot? This is more complicated then downloading the stable version and unzipping it by 1000 times. Your older brother is going to install and setup linux for you?
> >
> > Now if this project was in C# and not added or made into a OS then yeah I would support that but this is just a crazy idea.
> >
> > Shader your harassment is not needed also its one the reasons so many developers split is from the youngsters really being rude.
>
> you just proved my point…

No, he didn't. He's referring to you.

Um, Im really lost now because of all of the errors in programming logic. So correct me if im wrong, but is this what this is about:

- Someone wants to make a linux compilation using C

I assume that the C compiler is only going to be used to compile source since it will take a forever to recreate any other aspect from scratch.

- Wine pre-installed

Only problem with Wine is that it cannot run winsock servers. You might be able to connect the client, but the emphasis is on "might".

- Someone else brought up the idea of writing an OS in C#.

This idea is probably the worst idea since solar powered flashlights. First, C# is not a fully compiled language. To run C# code, you need a virtual machine. Yeah, Kernel Virtual Machines (KVMs) exist, but why would you want an OS that  can only run code written in C#? For those of you that remember jOS, you can fill in for the people that continue to press this idea. Btw, ask Godlord for a rant on C# sometime.

i belive that this is a great idea but not enough features. like SHADER, i support you but not 100%. there is not enough detail of what is going on in there but 2 me all it sounds like is a operating system that you use just to use eclipse on (which you can use on any operating system.)

dont get me wrong, your a good guy bud this idea sucks unless you put more features into it or just dont use linux. and belive me, newbs dont use liniux. i couldent figure out how to use linux untill last year (when i was 16) and then just a couple months later, i found out how to use linux to make softwares and stuff.

@l-l@140:

> im 12 and i can figure out linux…

Wow, a 12 year old who can run linux. I feel you have accomplished a lot.

Really, you don't get anywhere if you try and appear as some prodigy. Your only as old as you appear to be. In fact, it actually limits you more if you try and do so. Some of the older members can tell you this, but not having a specific piece of paper saying that you can do such a thing makes it extremely difficult to get around in the real world.

Also, there is NO validity gained in stating that. Stating your age does not prove that you can do the project.