Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Private chat: more people (max. 6).

tommy87

Hello,
my prupose is add a new function so more people can chat in a private chat room. I know that's possible to permit to 2 people to chat in a private room. Is it possible to increase number of members for a private chat or.. invite an other persone to take part to the conversation?

I should just want that a private chat room was accessible only for 6 people at max.

So how can I do that? I try to write something in Visual Basic, but I'm in difficulty. :(
Only way to start private conversations was to create specific maps for guilds but it's a problem atleast.

Thanks for the attention and for the help.

- Already posted in this forum but in other section but no help for *now*: [http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,55534.0.html] - Thanks to [SB]Soul to redirect me here.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
@sirramza:

> hi tommy87, can you post the fix to do that?

Hello,
Sorry for the late of answer. I'm here now, I haven't a lot of free time. Anyway if you still are there I haven't problems to post my code. I'm not an expert, I wish to specify it. I am sure that a lot of people (more expert) can answer "_the code is too simple\long_" and so on.. I've a my method.
It's important to understand that I do not ever think in terms of Guild(s) but Organizations and Crews. Shortly, with that method, I were able to break the limit of Guild(s) that game supports - for example. You are meaning a specific algorithm that I called "Team Chat", but I have created 3 chats in my game. (Quiet, it will be very simple to understand - and totally made by me, I don't need to give credits to anyone except myself).

Ok, guy, I'm waiting for an your answer.
After, I will post that you asked me.