Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Combat formula change error

Tic Tac 2

I wanted to change my combat formula to be the exact same as Runescape 2s combat formula. It gives me RTE 9 subscript out of range though. Any idea what i might be doing wrong? Any feedback is appreciated. Thank you very much.

Edit: This error happens when i hit somebody. Both with and without weapon equipped.

![](http://i.snag.gy/gCxbh.jpg)

RTE 9 means exactly what it says. A value is outside of its range. ~~When the error happens, hover over each value and see which one is causing the RTE.~~

I know what could be causing the error. If the player doesn't have a weapon, the WeaponNum is 0 which is outside the range of the Item types (1 to MAX_ITEMS)

> RTE 9 means exactly what it says. A value is outside of its range. ~~When the error happens, hover over each value and see which one is causing the RTE.~~
>
>  
>
> I know what could be causing the error. If the player doesn't have a weapon, the WeaponNum is 0 which is outside the range of the Item types (1 to MAX_ITEMS)

This happens both when i have a weapon on and not.

> That is exactly what is causing the error here. Could you paste that piece of code into a code tag so we can correct it?

Sure  :P

```
Function GetPlayerDamage(ByVal index As Long) As Long
Dim WeaponNum As Long

' Check for subscript out of range
If IsPlaying(index) = False Or index < 1 Or index > Player_HighIndex Then Exit Function

If GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon) > 0 Then
If Not GetPlayerEquipmentDur(index, GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon)) = 0 Or Item(GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon)).Indestructable = 1 Then
WeaponNum = GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon)
GetPlayerDamage = 1
'Max = 5 + STRLVL * (STRBONUS + 64) / 64
'* Item(WeaponNum).Data2
Exit Function
End If
End If

GetPlayerDamage = 5 + (GetPlayerStat(index, Strength) * (Item(WeaponNum).Data2 + 64) / 64)
End Function

```
The last line before End Function is the highlighted one.

The returning statement is dependant on the WeaponNum being bigger than 0\. Change it to this.

```

Function GetPlayerDamage(ByVal index As Long) As Long
Dim WeaponNum As Long

' Check for subscript out of range
If IsPlaying(index) = False Or index < 1 Or index > Player_HighIndex Then Exit Function

If GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon) > 0 Then
If Not GetPlayerEquipmentDur(index, GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon)) = 0 Or Item(GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon)).Indestructable = 1 Then
WeaponNum = GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon)
GetPlayerDamage = 5 + (GetPlayerStat(index, Strength) * (Item(WeaponNum).Data2 + 64) / 64)
' GetPlayerDamage = 1 No idea why this is here.
'Max = 5 + STRLVL * (STRBONUS + 64) / 64
'* Item(WeaponNum).Data2
Exit Function
End If
End If

GetPlayerDamage = 5 + (GetPlayerStat(index, Strength) / 64)
End Function

```

> The returning statement is dependant on the WeaponNum being bigger than 0\. Change it to this.
>
> ```
>
> Function GetPlayerDamage(ByVal index As Long) As Long
> Dim WeaponNum As Long
>
> ' Check for subscript out of range
> If IsPlaying(index) = False Or index < 1 Or index > Player_HighIndex Then Exit Function
>
> If GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon) > 0 Then
> If Not GetPlayerEquipmentDur(index, GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon)) = 0 Or Item(GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon)).Indestructable = 1 Then
> WeaponNum = GetPlayerEquipment(index, Equipment.Weapon)
> GetPlayerDamage = 5 + (GetPlayerStat(index, Strength) * (Item(WeaponNum).Data2 + 64) / 64)
> ' GetPlayerDamage = 1 No idea why this is here.
> 'Max = 5 + STRLVL * (STRBONUS + 64) / 64
> '* Item(WeaponNum).Data2
> Exit Function
> End If
> End If
>
> GetPlayerDamage = 5 + (GetPlayerStat(index, Strength) / 64)
> End Function
>
> ```

Item.WeaponNum.Data

is that the Vital number set on the weapon in the equipment editor? If not, what is the code to make it set to multiply by weapon vital?