Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Adding map tiles and character sprite sheets

Kiruu

@Tdogthedog:

> copy and paste onto the sheet and if there are black parts use the eye dropper on the black part of another tile and pour it onto the piece you just copied over

copy and paste from the map editor. but what about sprites though lol?

@Kiruu:

> @Tdogthedog:
>
> > copy and paste onto the sheet and if there are black parts use the eye dropper on the black part of another tile and pour it onto the piece you just copied over
>
> copy and paste from the map editor. but what about sprites though lol?

you can tell that he came from a rpg maker. ;-d

@SHADERS:

> @Kiruu:
>
> > @Tdogthedog:
> >
> > > copy and paste onto the sheet and if there are black parts use the eye dropper on the black part of another tile and pour it onto the piece you just copied over
> >
> > copy and paste from the map editor. but what about sprites though lol?
>
> you can tell that he came from a rpg maker. ;-d

maybe o_o

@Kiruu:

> The sprites and tiles is where i hit bumps in this thing everything else iam fine with  :sad:

if you have any sprites you want converted, just send me a pm. me and kira423 converted a whole lot from rpg vx here: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,55506.0.html

any more questions?

Okay simply take the sprites that you are wanting to use, and make sure it is a .bmp file then paste it into your GFX folder with your client, and rename it Sprites, and it will replace the sprites that came with the engine originally. It is the same with the tiles, make sure it is a .bmp then name it Tiles(# you want to replace) you can only have 10 so choose wisely.

edit- you can only have 1 regular sprite sheet… regular meaning named Sprites.bmp

Actually, the best way to do this without ending up having any runtime errors, is to edit the Sprites.bmp and TilesX.bmp files, and add the sprites in there, so they are in the same format as the rest of the sprites.

Just browse the Sprites.bmp file, to see how it's structured; there are some grids/templates for it, as well as RMXP to Eclipse format converters.
I'd also recommend looking at shaders' topic, as she has many rmxp sprites already converted into Eclipse format :)