Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

EO 4 to EO 5

PouchOfLemons

I don't believe so as 5 will be in a different programming language than 4\. I'll wait for an Admin to say for sure though. I WOULD, however, start planning your game no matter what the case. When you come right down to it, making a game is hard work that requires dedication and focus. Good luck, whatever your plans!

> I don't believe so as 5 will be in a different programming language than 4\. I'll wait for an Admin to say for sure though. I WOULD, however, start planning your game no matter what the case. When you come right down to it, making a game is hard work that requires dedication and focus. Good luck, whatever your plans!

Thanks a lot. Do you know what programming language will be used in 5 by chance?

> How easy is LUA? I've only ever used Auto-IT for scripting. XD

Lua is pretty simple. Really all languages are simple. The API will determine how hard it is to script for the engine. ComputerCraft a mod for Minecraft uses Lua. You can learn lua from there if you want. 

The new engine will be in HTML5 and JavaScript. And the devs will possible create a converter for your game content. But remember that the pricing of EO5 may differ from EO4 and you might have to buy it again and the Gold members getting a discount.

> Lua is pretty simple. Really all languages are simple. The API will determine how hard it is to script for the engine. ComputerCraft a mod for Minecraft uses Lua. You can learn lua from there if you want. 
>
>  
>
> The new engine will be in HTML5 and JavaScript. And the devs will possible create a converter for your game content. But remember that the pricing of EO5 may differ from EO4 and you might have to buy it again and the Gold members getting a discount.

so wait, it's now going to use Java instead of LUA or it's coded in HTML5 & Java & uses LUA as it's scripting system? or did you guys decide to take that out? OR am I totally out to lunch & LUA was never even talked about? - I do too many things to keep up with it all…

I remember either JC or Amish saying something about scripting potential - not in the initial release. But of course at this point I think the options are up in the air and they could surprise us with whatever it is they'd like haha.

JavaScript, despite the name, is essentially unrelated to the Java programming language, although both have the common C syntax, and JavaScript copies many Java names and naming conventions. The language was originally named "LiveScript" but was renamed in a co-marketing deal between Netscape and Sun, in exchange for Netscape bundling Sun's Java runtime with their then-dominant browser. The key design principles within JavaScript are inherited from the Self and Scheme programming languages. [[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JavaScript]source]

> I remember either JC or Amish saying something about scripting potential - not in the initial release. But of course at this point I think the options are up in the air and they could surprise us with whatever it is they'd like haha.

> I don't believe so as 5 will be in a different programming language than 4\. I'll wait for an Admin to say for sure though. I WOULD, however, start planning your game no matter what the case. When you come right down to it, making a game is hard work that requires dedication and focus. Good luck, whatever your plans!