Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SSI update.

azure

So a while back I posted about how my SSI(Social Security Income) case had come up for review… I'm not sure if you guys remember. Well I went to the eye doctor today and it turns out I have several things wrong with my eyes, more than I knew about actually. The good news is that there's no way they can legally take my benefits away. And the better news is that my vision probably won't get any worse.

I should have a definite answer in the form of a letter of determination with in 30 days or less. Since I already know what their response "should be" I can decide what to do after that.  My dad and I spoke about the matter today and the current game plan is to wait for their letter, he gets a copy too, and then if they do not decide make up the amount that should have been paid to me this last year or so that I was classified as an adult and legally independent, because no one claimed me on their taxes I can hit them hard via an attorney. That's all I can tell you guys right now. I'll update when I hear something new.

I don't mind, I'm used to questions about my eyes. First let me give you a short recap of the specific situation though. A few months ago my dad received a letter from the SSA(Social Security Administration) Stating that my case had come up for review, which it shouldn't have in the first place. Well he called me and told me about it and for the past two months or so I've had to deal with some douche from their determination service who didn't even have my address right. <_< so much for record keeping. I'm sure I can link you to the full version if I can be bothered to look up the post.

As for my eyes I haven't looked everything up fully yet because this is the first time I will have access to my full diagnosis. Here's the list they gave me as a rough synopsis so I could do some research on my own while I wait.

Nystagmus in both eyes- This one I know, my eyes twitch a lot which puts a lot of stress on them and causes them to be dried out, over strained, and easily overworked when I read a lot. - I'm supposed to use fake tears and where grey tinted lenses all the time, but I only do that when they bother me.

Macular scaring in my right eye and total loss of sight.

A Coloboma in the left eye, I just looked that one up, it's kinda cool. I'm guessing I got lucky because that's the eye I can see in.

Those are the definite things that are messing my vision up there's also two notes on the what they gave me.

One: there's some issues with the disc pallor in my left eye that worry the doc, and  Two: they won't to see if medicaid will pay for a MRI to check for Ocluar Glioma, that one I just looked up to and it's basically optic nerve damage. It wouldn't surprise me if I have that since one of the biggest symptoms is irregular eye aches and I do have those from time to time.

Like I said that's not everything, but I'll update when I have better info.

It could but it's the worst situation 50/50\. If it works woot, if it doesn't I go blind. :( Well we are going to put the spurs to them and see if I can't get at least 800$ a month(that's about minimum wage) I can't live off 600$ with prices on everything going up.