Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whatchya Think(this is my first GUI)

kwarz

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not amazing but with some work could be better.

A mistake people make is thinking that the background image is everything, when really the text is a very, very important piece

If you can find a font to match the style, and look at some text effect tutorials it can be way better.

@[SB:

> Azure link=topic=56893.msg602536#msg602536 date=1264431253]
> … I wouldn't put you in charge of mapping either after seing that...  :icon_beer: :icon_beer: :icon_beer: :evil: ;) Yes I needed to use three drinking ones.

Is there a reason for all the negative comments? It's his FIRST GUI, be supportive or don't reply. All this is doing is making you look like a jackass.

@IceCream:

> @[SB:
>
> > Azure link=topic=56893.msg602536#msg602536 date=1264431253]
> > … I wouldn't put you in charge of mapping either after seing that...  :icon_beer: :icon_beer: :icon_beer: :evil: ;) Yes I needed to use three drinking ones.
>
> Is there a reason for all the negative comments? It's his FIRST GUI, be supportive or don't reply. All this is doing is making you look like a jackass.

I gave positive criticism, he tossed it out the window. Telling some one to study a bit before attempting something is about a positive as you can get.

@[SB:

> Azure link=topic=56893.msg603012#msg603012 date=1264550832]
> @IceCream:
>
> > @[SB:
> >
> > > Azure link=topic=56893.msg602536#msg602536 date=1264431253]
> > > … I wouldn't put you in charge of mapping either after seing that...  :icon_beer: :icon_beer: :icon_beer: :evil: ;) Yes I needed to use three drinking ones.
> >
> > Is there a reason for all the negative comments? It's his FIRST GUI, be supportive or don't reply. All this is doing is making you look like a jackass.
>
> I gave positive criticism, he tossed it out the window. Telling some one to study a bit before attempting something is about a positive as you can get.

I saw that, and I'm glad you were positive at first. But from there you just turned into a dick. Telling him he should delete photoshop, and that you'd delete his game just because of a GUI, I've seen some AWFUL GUI's on VERY nice games. If you wanna be helpful, post a link to a tutorial, or make something that he could base his next one off.

That's what I would do. Honesty is a virtue. ^_^ If he won't take the time to study up on how to use photoshop some what properly before attempting something new how will me linking him to a tutorial help? Either way it's not a big deal. Staying positive can be hard sometimes, especially when there's a lack of the will to learn.