Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Halo: Reach

Adulese Games

@[PIE:

> Rodriguez link=topic=57486.msg640108#msg640108 date=1274503849]
> It isn't the same game. Each game brings a completely different style of play and story. The Halo 1 Pistol is called that for a reason.
>
> - Adulese

Well, that is the new 'hairstyle' - in Robins words - isn't it.

Hahaha, I just read that "the last in series" discussion. Yeah, and next Lucas will stop making Star Wars movies and games right? And BioWare will dump the Mass Effect, Rockstar will stop making crime simulators, EA won't publish Sims4 eh? Because all those well estabilished franchises are not huge friggin milkcows.

Well, what they'll probably do is just make the games in the Halo Universe, as they've already said Marathon and several other of their old titles connect to the universe that the Halo series took place in.

Anyway, as promised, a IGN gallery with a lot of pretty good Beta pics:

http://xbox360.ign.com/dor/objects/14276699/halo-reach/images/halo-reach-20100428021204937.html

- Adulese

• 3 months later...
Blah Blah Blah. Looks pretty but is still the same shit over and over again. I wish the industry would use all its power to create a game instead of shiny graphics to spank off to. I forget where I heard this but It is the rules I wish all developers lived by : "It should be a pre-req for game developers to prototype a game without any graphics– if the game is fun to play in this format then spend your millions on all the bells and whistles."

@Mikekan13:

> Blah Blah Blah. Looks pretty but is still the same shit over and over again. I wish the industry would use all its power to create a game instead of shiny graphics to spank off to. I forget where I heard this but It is the rules I wish all developers lived by : "It should be a pre-req for game developers to prototype a game without any graphics– if the game is fun to play in this format then spend your millions on all the bells and whistles."

the graphics are amazing… prolly will be the best on the 360 to date.  but they aren't everything.  The gameplay is still unparalleled.  And the story is also really good if you care enough to read up on it.

when it comes down to it, its only about what the consumer wants.

> The gameplay is still unparalleled.  And the story is also really good if you care enough to read up on it.

Seriously? The game play is unparalleled? Every game that comes out nowadays is a fricken FPS and they all use the same damn mechanics. Crysis has already done everything halo has done and more, but even it is still a basic game. As far as story goes: I have read "choose your own adventure books" that have better stories than Halo, hell, some of those books have better game play too.