Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Creative Writing Thread

deathtaker26

Alright guys, let's hear some of those awesome stories you got. I myself write a lot of stories based off of the music I listen to. The current story I'm writing will probably end up as one of my games if I ever get the time to code between school and work.

With that said, I'm going to write out a plot and some character ideas I have, feel free to let me know what you think of my story, and please post yours as well, I'm interested to see where eclipse stands in creativity :)

> ~~~Last Life Memories~~~
>
> Setting:
>
> This takes place in an alternate world that runs parrarell to ours.  The year is unknown on this world, but the theme has fantasy archetectures mixed with some modern and futuristic technogoly.
>
> Plot "Presented through the introduction":
>
>      "Humans have the tendancy to discuss, imagine, and theorize of what happens to us after we die. Is there a god? Is there a heaven and hell? These are some common questions. Well I can't for sure tell you if a god exists or not, and I can't tell you where you will end up after death, as there are way too many scenes you can end up in. Lucky for me though, after my death I ended up here. The world I ended up has no name, but I like to call it Impara. It's short for 'Imperfect Paradise', a real contridiction, I know. But, as I said before, there's really no other place I'd rather be."
>
>     Damian is a 19 year old kid who passed away saving his ex-girlfriend from a tragedy back on earth. After his death, he finds himself to awaken in a town's streets. The buildings in this town are massive, and constructed with beuatiful archetecture. He begins to question people in this town to find out where he is, after wandering around he finds a library where he discovers a notebook that has every important event of his past life from birth to death. An address is scribbled into the back of this book. With nowhere to go Damian searches for the address in his book. He finally finds it, upon entering the building he meets a man who proclaims himself as God. The man goes on about explaining how he can transfer any object without a soul back and forth between worlds.
>
> The man has a scheme to send souless bodies to earth and open a gateway to allow this wanna-be "God" to pass through. Doing this with an army of souless bodies, he plans to conquer both worlds in order to develop his kingdom known as "The Haven", which is a place only created when two worlds overlap eachother and form as one. If this man were to die though, he would only be brought to another world to do attempt it again. The man needs Damian as part of his plan, because little does Damian know, that he thas the abillity to transfer souls without bodies over to the other world and back again, as well as souless objects.
>
> With this concept being stated, transfering a soul over from one world to another creates a ghost. Damian runs away back to the library to find that somewhere hidden inside is the answer he needs to defeat "God". "God" sends his souless bodies after Damian to try and force him into using his power for "God". This is where the enemies are created. Exploring the library, Damian finds out that people with this abillity are known as Saints, and no one truly knows if a God exists or not. He also discovers that he can trap "God" in purgatory to prevent him from reincarnating into another world. This creates the object of the game to explore and think using two worlds and the enviornment around you in order to stop "God's" conquer over the worlds.
>
>  
>
> –-- Keep reading if you don't mind spoilers being read for a game that's not even really started xD -------
>
> Eventually, "God" captures Damian and opens the portal crossing over back to earth. Damian is spawned where he died, he finds his ex-girlfriend sitting down thinking about him. At this point Damian puts his hand on her shoulder, she becomes a huge part of the story. Damian explains his situation, and shows her the book, they read into it discovering that the girl is an angel and has the abillity of the Saints as well.
>
> ---- Still working on the end of the story. ----

An older piece I wrote for practice. I am rather wordy; I also feel I can improve on the dialogue.

>! Chapter 1
>!                 The snow dreamily drifts across the artic valley; for many years this dale has been at peace. A luscious emerald forest dots the vale; with only the small hamlet of Silverbrooke, nestled in a niche, located at the end of the valley. In addition, the area is enveloped by the Viree mountain range, which denies entry into the valley. There is but one way one passage at the mouth of the expanse to allow entry. Directly at this entrance rests the great winding river, Undine’s Tears. The only viable way to pass over the river is to traverse the colossal stone bridge.  The bridge was constructed with indestructible obsidian and has stood the test of time, yet it was unknown who crafted such a magnificent monolith. The silence of the domain had allowed it to rest in what it hoped to be an eternal slumber; however, it shows slight signs of awakening from the small footsteps of creatures traversing the valley. The blissful scene is suddenly shattered by a howling gale, and the crashing sound that reverberates throughout the entire basin.
>!  
>!                 A woman, aged beyond her years, emerges from a small cluster of trees. Her tangled mass of brown hair hangs around her face, and the rags that she drapes offers no refuge from the biting cold. The snow snips at her bare-feet because she had lost her shoes somewhere along the way. Ignoring the thorns ripping at her flesh, and the excruciating pain radiating from her side; she firmly clutches a small bundle of cloth to her chest. She begins to gasp for air. Her breath has become ragged because she had been running for several hours. Although clearly exhausted, the sound of footsteps behind her causes her to quicken her pace. A small muffled cry escapes from the small bundle of cloth; “It’s okay, it’s okay, Leona has you, the woman cooed to the infant between her gasps for breath.
>!  
>!               She had to unwillingly flee from the town of Viree a few hours ago. It was all because she had stolen the infant, which now lay cradled in her arms. The authorities had been on her trail for what seemed like an eternity; the baby had been condemned to death by the town.  He had done nothing worthy of death, yet this babe was fated to be butchered. His mother was convicted of being a sorceress; undoubtedly Leona knew she was innocent. She still recalled seeing her friend at the executioner’s block, and her friend pleaded, “Leona, please save my son.”  No begging for deliverance, no praying for salvation and no vengeance wished upon her assailants. It was simply a mother’s wish that Leona would save her son; how could Leona say no?  She silently grimaced at recalling the sound of the axe coming down on her best friend. With the terrible sound of the headman’s axe echoing through Leona’s mind; she recalled how she ran with all her might to where the baby was being held.  Although she was small in stature, her surprise bum rush caught the soldier off guard from her frantic barrage of attacks. She had stepped over the unconscious man snatching the baby in one quick swoop. Without thinking she quickly departed the village. Of course now she was being pursued by several unscrupulous men, which were rapidly converging on her location.
>!  
>!                  Several crossbow bolts whizzed past her head, which quickly brought her grim thoughts back to the all too real danger that she now faced. The group of seasoned soldiers hunting her was closing in fast; however, they were the least of her problems. Although the prospect of starving, freezing, or being bludgeoned to death was terrifying; the captain leading the men had an unsavory reputation of doing unmentionable things to his captives. It was said he would savor every ounce of pain he could cause, and only when they begged him for death would he oblige them.
>!  
>!                 Without warning an iron bolt pierces the back of her calf; she frantically cries, “No, no, no, no, no,” as she tumbles head first through a group of pine trees into a small clearing. She had been holding the baby tightly to her chest; nevertheless, the baby was thrown several feet into a large patch of intense amber colored flowers. The golden flowers seem to fold over and conceal the babe. Leona reasoned that without a doubt the flower petals made the child near invisible. Leona let out a sign of relief that the baby was unharmed, in fact he was far safer than she was about to be she realized. Leona cried from being completely drained from her marathon, furthermore the injury she had sustained from the bolt had completely disabled her ability to stand up. She was past the point of pain; nonetheless, she knew without a doubt that the bone in her leg had been shattered.
>!  
>!                 Desperately she began to crawl across the small grassy area until utterly exhausted; she finally collapses in a small field of golden flowers. Slowly she glances around.  An odd thought strikes her, “What a pretty field; these flowers are nice too.”  The hidden grove seemed untouched by the snowstorm howling around it; in fact the area was quite temperate. The green pine trees were in full bloom, in addition there was a small babbling brook located directly under a decorated wooden bridge. Although the moon was blocked by clouds; there was enough light to see. Leona happily smiles, “Leona girl, if this is end of your life, at least you couldn’t ask for a finer place to perish.”
>!  
>!                 Like charging bulls, six armored warriors explode forth from the emerald tree line. Out of breath and fueled with rage, their bloodlust eyes lock onto Leona. After evaluating the state Leona was in; they began to snicker amongst themselves. After a few moments of laughter, a seventh man calmly walks from a large tree. Instantly every solider began to stand to attention and became silent. The man glared at Leona; then snarled, “Lookie here boys; the sorceress has fallen down and can’t get up.”  With that, the other men began to chuckle and howl in delight at Leona. Leona tried in vain to move; fatigue and her wounds had crippled her. She stared at the captain with pleading eyes.
>!  
>!                Although the captain’s garb was that of a common soldier; he bore a golden ring that Leona knew signified him as the dreaded captain she had heard about. Evidently he had earned the ring for quelling a rebellion; it was rumored he slaughtered a village. He should have been punished; however, he was richly rewarded for his endeavors. Like his men, he wore armor crafted out of metallic rings. Each one dawned dingy colored bearskin cloaks. The captain casually steps in front of his fighters interrupting Leona’s thoughts. Smiling, he threatens Leona with a particular fervor, “Leona Justice, you have been found guilty of aiding a ‘witch’, furthermore you and that hell spawn shall die this day!” The captain pleased with himself glances at his youngest guard, “Do it Edward,” the captain commanded with a voice that implied it was not up for discussion. Edward obediently nodded and with great haste walked up to where Leona had collapsed in a bed of amber flowers. He draws his blade and raises it over his head. With both hands clasping the hilt, he swings down with all his might upon the whimpering Leona.
>!  
>!                 Edward stares unblinking, his sword still hovering above is head. Although he had swung down with all his might and screamed a battle cry to cover his own doubts of killing a woman, he stands immobilized.  His body is frozen; it’s as if every part of him was being held down by invisible chains, preventing him from moving. No matter how much he strained, he was unable to budge so much as a finger.  The captain opens his mouth to berate Edward for being a coward, but his voice trailed off as the captain’s eyes lock onto a small figure now standing on the oak bridge.
>!  
>!                The captain at first believed he saw a ghost; the girl on the oak bridge stared expressionlessly at the entire scene in front of her. He shuttered a bit, she was pale as ice, as if winter’s first chill clinging to a beautiful flower. What a strange thought he just had, unaware he continued to excess her. Her long, straight, silvery hair, barely off the ground, waves majestically in the bitter breeze. The girl appeared no older than fourteen years of age, yet she stood as if she was granted some unseen authority over all who was here. The captain gulped, it was as if she was observing them, almost judging them for their trespassing. The captain’s fear was quickly overtaken by anger. He after all was a mighty soldier; this was nothing but a child in front of him, he was above her.
>!  
>!                Quickly composing himself he turned to the private on his left, “John, kill her quickly; we must leave no witnesses!” John hastily snapped out of the trance he was in and obediently draws his crossbow, quickly aims with precision, then fires directly at the mysterious girl on the bridge. “Sorry girlie, boss’s orders, “he apologetically says to the stranger. “No,” Leona pleaded, “please run young one.”
>! Staring at the incoming crossbow bolt; the girl on the bridge calmly raises her hand. Without hesitation or fear; she begins her incantation, “Sylph, mistress of the four winds, I beseech the; become a mighty gale to safeguard me from this foe!” Suddenly the calm breeze that was moving across the forest floor gains a burst of power. The blast from the gale causes the soldiers to almost fall over; John stares in shock as the crossbow bolt he fired was blown away before hitting its mark.
>! Unscathed, the child’s calm stare was replaced with a firm glare. “My name is Marie, and you’re in my master’s garden. Unwelcome guests have no business here,” Marie commanded. After a second she added, “I would suggest each one of you leave; otherwise you and I will be having a word.” The men stood in awe at the young woman commanding them. The visibly shaken captain was unable to speak; he knew there was something about her that terrified him. After a brief moment he realized it was her eyes.
>!  
>!             Her eyes, by the gods her translucent ivory eyes terrified him. She appeared as a weak, innocent child; her eyes however betrayed that persona. Her eyes show wisdom beyond her years, and exposed how perilous she really was. He realized if he didn’t swiftly act; his men and he would somehow perish to this “witch”. “Well you have some skill ‘witch’; you will die here nonetheless,” the captain blurted out with false bravado. The captain looked around barked out orders to his stunned men, “Stop gawking at her you curs and kill her!”
>!  
>!            With the commanding words of their captain; they found themselves no longer stunned.  Four of his senior soldiers drew arms and charged the ornate bridge. The other two soldiers found themselves unable to follow their comrades in the charge; so they began fervently firing at the pale child. The captain bit his lip in anticipation; he reassured himself this would work. After all they were skilled fighters, and he was the best leader they would ever have. He smiled nervously as his men drew closer to her; she would die without a doubt!
>!  
>!             The girl stood unflinching for a minute at the incoming barrage; then suddenly she dropped down into a queer combat stance the captain didn’t recognize.  Instead of fleeing as the captain anticipated; the girl springs forward charging at her attackers. Gaining speed, she quickly speaks an incantation, “Gaea, mother of all creation, craft me an unyielding weapon to rend my foes armor, and shatter my enemy’s life.”  To the entire group’s amazement solid chunks of rock fragments began to rip from the ground and form in the girl’s hand. After only a brief second; the rocks instantly crystallized into a singular solid sword, which was composed of sapphire shimmering gems.
>!  
>!             Caught off guard by the magic they witnessed, and the skill with a blade she possessed; the first two soldiers were dispatched without any hesitation. In a flash she was upon the third soldier who tried to parry her attack, then tried to disengage. Unfortunately for him neither of his tactics worked; the crystallized sword cut through his blade along with his body. The ringmail that he wore was rent into two. The fourth froze in fear, “Mercy, Mercy, please,” he begged. Unflinching the girl moved with speed that caused the flowers in the area to explode into the air; the soldier collapsed with a solid thud.
>!  
>!              The two youthful soldiers who had fired every bolt from their quiver cried out in fear; she had evaded every bolt as if they were flying at a snail’s pace. They turned to each other and nodded; dropping both their weapons, they quickly darted into the tree line. “Esmeralda, empress of twilight, lend me your aid. Come forth Void Eaters; do my will and devour the world,” the soldiers heard Marie’s voice chanting from behind them.  The captain stood in horror; two demonic looking beasts appear from a shimmering portal. 
>!  
>!          Each beast stood as tall as a man, four rows of razor fangs gleamed in dimly lit grove, and smooth glassy skin covered each beast. The beasts howled; the hunt was on. The two beasts darted past the stunned captain; in a matter of seconds the two soldier’s cries of pain were heard.  After a few brief seconds there was utter silence; the captain’s gaze slowly drifts to the mysterious girl standing only feet away from him.  Her face was still expressionless, yet her light panting gave away that she was exhausted.
>!  
>!         The captain swallowed his fear and chuckled. “You are indeed quite skilled; however, you’re inexperience in magic shows me that you’re very exhausted,” the captain gloated with renewed confidence.  Slowly he began to circle around the girl; if he could reach Leona, then he could win he reasoned. “You messed up girlie,” he boasted as he picked up Leona. Holding her close to his body; he placed a sword to Leona’s neck. Time to press his advantage he thought to himself, although his team was slain, he would win. “Drop yer sword witch or it’s over for her,” the captain threatened.
>!  
>!        “Leona, I’m sorry your wounds are too intensive for me to heal,” a quiet voice reverberated in Leona’s mind. Was the child speaking to her by thoughts alone? Leona silently whimpered, “Please save the child and kill the captain. I don’t care what happens to me as long as the child is safe.” The captain was practically screaming in frustration at Marie, “Don’t ignore me and drop it!”
>!  
>!        Suddenly the girl vanished in front of the captain’s eyes; before he could react a sharp pain radiated from his chest. Amongst the pain he felt, there was a warmness spreading across his torso. As he looked down; he saw the child directly in front of Leona. Her sword had pierced through Leona’s chest, and pierced into the captain’s heart. As she withdrew her sword; both bodies collapsed. “I’m sorry Leona, but I will make sure the baby is guarded,” the girl reassured.
>! Leona’s vision had degraded to the point that everything was black; she knew that she was dying. As she quietly drifted into the peaceful embrace of darkness; she heard an unknown voice, “Marie, what’s going on here?”

Great idea for a topic.

Just wanted to do a bit of writing. This was meant to be the opening chapter. A couple of different versions (re-drafts):

>! -Main Character
>! –Chris, Christopher Rage
>! --Intelligent, Conflicted, Angry
>! --
>! -Write Something
>! --Friday the 26th. I remember that day. It was when I ... It began back
>! then. Now, look at me. Holding a gun to my head ... How did it end up
>! like this? Well. I guess its time to put an end to this. Chris do you
>! have any regrets? Aha, a lot.
>! --A dark room, bed on the left, chair in the middle with Chris on it,
>! wearing a trench coat, black boots, face showing the strain, gun in his
>! hand.
>! --Beep. Beep. The alarm clock rang at 6:00 AM, stirring the little
>! creatures. The room was dark and dusty. There was a little cupboard in
>! the corner of the room and a bed next to the window. In the middle, sat
>! a chair. A sturdy, wooden chair. Sitting on top of the chair, a dark
>! figure. His trench coat was touching
>! --Beep. Beep. The alarm clock rang at its daily pre-determined time, 6:00
>! AM. The creatures of the dawn stirred, not wanting to wake up. Yet, he
>! was awake, like the day before, always waking up before the alarm clock
>! woke up. What was the point of the beeping annoyance? He didn't need
>! it. But, oh, he did need it. To remind him. To remind him that he was
>! alive.

A new project based on dragons/fantasy theme that I've wanted to do for awhile. I have many more ideas but have only gotten this much down. Check it out if you don't mind spoilers for a game that I'd like to make.

>! ![](http://i57.tinypic.com/ffd7yq.png)

• 1 month later...
I have something for this.

>! Title: Inverse
>!  
>! Story:
>!  
>! In the beginning of the Information Age there came a name, an unknown name, that engrossed the online world in controversy. wrote on hundreds of forums, chat sites, social media websites, and others. All of his posts were in the form of poetry, and, while beautiful, they haunted their readers.
>!  
>! _Twas on high that the great origin spun._
>! _Dwelt did he on the nature of the mortals he doth birth._
>! _Within his mind two voices spoke._
>!  
>! _One did believe humans able to run._
>! _Whilst the other thought them to return to dirt._
>! _From them his mind broke._
>!  
>! _He who sought blood to purge the waste._
>! _He who sought to give them a chance._
>! _Twas thus that Inverse was born._
>!  
>! _The mists that cloud the face._
>! _Will make the sinners of this world dance._
>! _Where the heavens are the earth, and the earth is the heavens._
>!  
>! At first it was only the readers that sought his work, but soon events began that made the world take notice of his name. They called it "The Great Incursion", and the effects were both wonderful and horrible. In a single night, that occurred world wide, all humans that were, or would be, considered major criminals by the laws of their home nations vanished into a thick, rolling fog. This fog hung around areas that had little to no illumination, and continued to take people who wandered into them. It took them to Inverse…
>!  
>! Inverse; where the world spins in reverse, what was land is now sea, sea is land, the sun shines from beneath the water, and the sky is filled with dark, descending spires of black and red volcanic rock. Those who enter this world find their true shadows revealed to them if they stay near the ever-present fog. Only the light from the Star-Light Seas can banish the fog, and if you give into your fears, hopes, dreams, or any powerful emotion when facing these Reflections. You will be forever consumed by that feeling, and become a monster, for good or for evil. Only by accepting the Reflections can you resist their call, and become strong enough to survive Inverse. Whichever path you choose the siren's song of magic will sing to you silently.
>!  
>! The world of Inverse can change if the emotions of people are strong enough, and the Star-Light from the water grants the drinker the power of magic for a price. That price is your emotions. Emotion fuels your imagination to create spells, and the stronger the emotion the stronger the power. Can you resist the Reflections? Can you control your own power? Or will you fall into fear and shadow?
>!  
>! Make the choice. Stand tall, and seek out the Creators of Inverse and the Tower of Drasil. Perhaps, one day, you can return to that place in your memory. The one you call home.
>!  
>! I wrote a couple different stories from this.

**Heart of an Anarchist**

To the love of another lost cause,

You're a parasite, feeding off of my heart for another day.

You feed off of my love like the corporate feeds from the American Dream.

And my heart? My heart is a bomb. A bomb ready to detonate.

And you stand tall, tall enough to be seen by country alone.

You stand without a fight, and fight without a cause.

You're an army of one. And you have my love.

You clench my heart tightly. Like a hand grenade ready to blow.

You count to 3 slowly, After pulling my pin.

One, Don't forget about me.

Two, Don't cry over me

Three, When I'm dead, don't come back for me.

Finally, you throw me. And for you my love, I die fighting the cause of the anarchist.

For without a god, we stand.

For without a life, we live.

And without a prayer, we pray

A little something I once wrote entitled 'A Step Back':

>! I take a step back
>! And they call me weak
>! When I'm not
>! Even though I've been to the top
>! It's like trying to seperate peas from the pod
>! You need to be able to see through the fog
>! To understand the opinions that people have got
>! A step back doesn't mean that you stop.

Awake at night/early morning, on the site and I produced this in the shoutbox:

>! I've decided not to go to bed…
>! Anyone else awake?
>! In the land of Eclipse...
>! Everybody slept but one...
>! He was tired and sleepy...
>! But he kept himself awake...
>! Awake? Oh why did he keep himself awake? ...
>! He was on a quest for work...
>! Trying to defeat the laziness...
>! Fighting against the morning light...
>! He struggled to complete his quest...

• 3 weeks later...