Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Double EXP Events

blackkat9666

I am pretty sure it's a source edit, but would it be possible to like make a button on the server that doubles everyone's exp until the button is pressed again?
To be more specific, the exp earned by killing a monster would double.
For example: if a monster gives out 15 exp normally, during the event it would become 30 exp earned.
So if anyone is willing to help, I'd be cery greatful.

@katzuki:

> I am pretty sure it's a source edit, but would it be possible to like make a button on the server that doubles everyone's exp until the button is pressed again?
> To be more specific, the exp earned by killing a monster would double.
> For example: if a monster gives out 15 exp normally, during the event it would become 30 exp earned.
> So if anyone is willing to help, I'd be cery greatful.

I don't believe that making a command would be too complicated, but I cannot guarrentte…

You actually wouldn't need any sourcing to do this. There's a command, I believe it's called GetNPCExp, that returns the number of experience given by that NPC. During the event, just have a script that adds that amount, and maybe add a message saying the player gains twice as much because of the event.

Oops. I didn't even notice this was in the source board. For some reason, I thought this was a script request. @.@

Anyway, yeah, if you do have source access, making a button that doubles EXP is much easier. It's just a matter of looking for the amount of EXP given and altering it based on the status set in the server.