Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

NPC Speed

Zetasis

Sorry if this has been asked already but is there any ways to make the NPC's movement speed faster with out changing the players movement speed and if so how?

I just don't like the fact that if a player is using a bow they can easily out run an NPC and kill it. If the NPC were faster it would be more of a challenge.

I don't really care. I'm just pointing out that it's only possible in Origins because of how I programmed NPC movement.

EDIT: Let me clarify.

If you change the NPC movement speed in anything based off of Eclipse then you'll only be able to set it to either the default walk speed or run speed.

That's all very well and good, but the run speed will cause a lot of problems, as well as make it so combat is very, very flakey.

Anything other than that will cause the age-old 'gliding bug' where NPCs glide off the screen. This is caused by the poorly handled movement check.

Although it is possible to change the Eclipse's NPC movement system to be the same as Origins _you_ won't be able to do it.

That isn't a dig at you, btw, it's just an assumption based on the fact that you don't know how to change a couple of variables.

@Robin:

> I don't really care. I'm just pointing out that it's only possible in Origins because of how I programmed NPC movement.
>
> EDIT: Let me clarify.
>
> If you change the NPC movement speed in anything based off of Eclipse then you'll only be able to set it to either the default walk speed or run speed.
>
> That's all very well and good, but the run speed will cause a lot of problems, as well as make it so combat is very, very flakey.
>
> Anything other than that will cause the age-old 'gliding bug' where NPCs glide off the screen. This is caused by the poorly handled movement check.
>
> Although it is possible to change the Eclipse's NPC movement system to be the same as Origins _you_ won't be able to do it.
>
> That isn't a dig at you, btw, it's just an assumption based on the fact that you don't know how to change a couple of variables.

I don't take any offense. As I said I am no programmer and I don't pretend to be. I am using Origins to make a game as well as Eclipse. Origins will be my fantasy based game while Eclipse is going to be a, well, its a secret lol. But yeah Origins is awesome and I can't wait for the next release.