Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help with game screen size

turbocookie

hey i made a custom GUI with a image to fit the new screen size i made, i drag the main screen bit (grey box) bigger to fit it but the game size stays the same and leave a black background, does anyone know how to fix this?

i need it 520 pixels hieght
              728 pixels width

someone please help k thx bai

hey deacitvate the turbo… you do not need to bump your thread in the same day... especially within a few hours of the post.

The people that can help you are not on right now... you just have to wait a little until someone more skilled comes on.

@turbocookie:

> @turbocookie

Mh, I remember to read something long time ago. I looked for that tutorial in this forum but, as the same, I can't find anything -lol-

Anyway, I can report you my small experience.

You need to edit the source files only in Client Side. To be more precise you need to look for the module [ modGameLogic(.bas) ] under the function [ GameLoop ] . There's a block of strings which starts with [ NewX = blablabla ] and ends with [ sx = blablabla ] .

It's very easy to edit that thing, manually. You only need to pay attention to respect ALL the rapports between all values - so, I advise you to copy and past the original code outside of VisualBasic and start to work on it separately.

Unfortunately I can't give you exact suggestions to set properly all those values according with your ideal sizes of the map. Anyway remember that 1 unit is equal to 32px. So make 2 counts.

After that, you need to edit the module [ modDirectX(.bas) ] - always in Client Side. Look for a series of functions: [ GetScreenLeft\Top\Right\Botton]. […] Also in this case, remember to respects the rapports.

Finally you are ready to edit the size of (screen)"map" in [ frmMirage\frmStable ] according with the changes applied.

I hope to have been clear. Lemme know, please.
Anyway I will stay available.

> @Turbocookie

TGSTeam_Master linked you the right tutorial, that one I weren't able to find anymore. - OT: Great TGSTeam_Master!

As I said, Turbocookie, it's better if you work\test your modifies not in the original code. The tutorial is a reference to understand how to resize the "screen" according with certain size.

I though to have been clear, try alone once. Anyway  if you are in real difficulty I try to make for you the right code to overwrite.