Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is it to Possible Hack eclipse?

vitinho444

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post. damn lol

It has some anti hack stuff i guess u can say like it blocks a user from openning two clients and stuff like that but yeah its a lil easy to hack. (always keep a backup of ur server every like 3 days or something

@NinjaCat:

> I belive CE is an easy option.

CE won't work for Eclipse, it just makes it look like you have however much but in reality you don't.

@Captain:

> @vitinho444:
>
> > OMG so..what i do for prevent hackers?
>
> Re-code eclipse. Completely.

Not really, you could move most of the stuff server-side, which would make it harder. Or a small string in front of packets (like "ll") so that if they try to recompile Eclipse and connect to your server they'll get kicked for invalid packets.

Nice soul, so yeah on the server change
```
Public SEP_CHAR as string * 1

```
to

```
Public SEP_CHAR as string

```
and in Sub Main put

```
SEP_CHAR = "PUT A SECRET COMBONATION HERE"

```and do that in the client too. But  "PUT A SECRET COMBONATION HERE" HAS TO BE THE SAME!

@Captain:

> Nice soul, so yeah on the server change
> ```
> Public SEP_CHAR as string * 1
>
> ```
> to
>
> ```
> Public SEP_CHAR as string
>
> ```
> and in Sub Main put
>
> ```
> SEP_CHAR = "PUT A SECRET COMBONATION HERE"
>
> ```and do that in the client too. But  "PUT A SECRET COMBONATION HERE" HAS TO BE THE SAME!

I'm going to facepalm, I'll be right back.

OK., I'm back with a headache. Anyway, the way to prevent hackers is to move anything that shouldn't be done by the client to the server.

Worst: client sets the items in the inventory and is completely able to manage it.
Worse: client requests the server to set an item in the inventory.
Bad: client requests the server to set an item in the inventory to a targeted item.
Good: client requests the server to set an item in the inventory to a targeted item nearby.
Better: client requests the server to set an item in the inventory to a targeted item nearby and the server checks if that item actually exists.
Best: restrict your client to the minimal amount of possible "requests" and always let the server check what is actually being sent.

Encryption is a measurement you could consider, but it actually keeps the hacker at a longer distance. So you should actually consider if it is worth the CPU speed, especially in a language like Visual Basic.

Regards,
  Godlord.