• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

HELP! vb errors

pers2981

@pers2981:

> so when i load VB6+client source this happens
> any help?

Either you're loading the project FROM Winzip (.zip/.rar files) or  the file "Flash10b.ocx".

You can try re-extracting your archive, or check your recycling bin for the file if it's missing.

Which operative system have you got?
I know that in my Windows 7, it has problems to start (VisualBasic 6). I can run it only under XP (SP3). I dunno about Vista.

Pay attention, Godlord advised you right links.
At least, try to install that library of files, anyway! :D

Waiting for your news..

@pers2981:

> Godlord with all respect what the heck am i sopose to do with those links? its not that i cant run the game its that when i try to source edit the client those errors come up, inside vb6

Re download the folder and extract it with either Win rar or zip(Prior to what ever program you use to extract stuff).

@pers2981:

> Godlord with all respect what the heck am i sopose to do with those links? its not that i cant run the game its that when i try to source edit the client those errors come up, inside vb6

Visual Basic 6 requires the same dependencies as your game, hence why you need ELI for source editing as well.

Anyway, Visual Basic 6 saved a log. Attach it to this thread.

Regards,
  Godlord.

@pers2981:

> Im using vista, it worked befor on my old game, and i used godlords links nothing, so…. :(

tilt.tilt.tilt.tilt.

So, you meant: you always coded and executed the game in Windows Vista. Right? … Only from now you can't make anything anymore. Right?

Listen a thing.
You posted 2 images, the second one reported a message about "frmFlash.log" ... So there's also an history of errors. Try to post that here.

Godlord & Co. already gave you a lot of indications about how to resolve your problem. I dunno, I try..

---update

Look at [this](http://www.ehow.com/how_5084212_fix-flash-ocx-error.html), I guess.

Check if you have Flash10b.ocx in your "Dragon Curse\Client" directory

installing it with the installer is not going to help you since vb is trying to load the dll from that path and the installer is not going to install that dll to the folder.

Just download the dll from somewhere Google it and place it into your "Dragon Curse\Client"

the second message is because of the first one since you don't have Flash10b.ocx loaded Shockwaveflash is going to give you that error

@XxshadowchrisXx
Did not work

@Sir Godlord
Thanks for the help, but where would i find the log file(s)?

@tommy87

> So, you meant: you always coded and executed the game in Windows Vista. Right? … Only from now you can't make anything anymore. Right?

Correct!
but i just installd vb6 a few days ago and this is my first project soooo….

EXTRA NOTE: im using vb6 portable may that be causing the error?

@(G2D)MutantX:

> installing it with the installer is not going to help you since vb is trying to load the dll from that path and the installer is not going to install that dll to the folder.

[Dynamic-Link Library Search Order](http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682586%28v=VS.85%29.aspx).

@pers2981:

> Thanks for the help, but where would i find the log file(s)?

In your source directory.

@pers2981:

> EXTRA NOTE: im using vb6 portable may that be causing the error?

No idea, never tried it with Visual Basic 6 Portable, always used Visual Basic 6 Professional or Enterprise Edition.

Regards,
  Godlord.