Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please Rate My NEW Sprites (My own lineart and all!)

Novur

So, today, I read more tutorials and followed Kreator's advice of making my own lineart THEN reading his tutorial.
But, these sprites I did with making lineart and dithering.

**100% Zoom of my sprites:**

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/072f2f7c04e526098147aa75fb3585e7.png)
**200% Zoom of my sprites:**

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/00a7ac8d0f7422ac2426f65952a8fa0b.png)
**300% Zoom of my sprites:**

![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/f17075a8eb20b7b8233e4e553cbf0eba.png)

**400% Zoom of my sprites:**
![](http://www.freemmorpgmaker.com/files/imagehost/pics/85b5b37074ec983783204edb0135591a.png)
So please rate/comment my sprites. If you use them in your games (though you probably wont cause I'm a new sprite artist), I don't require credit but it would be really nice :x

I learned about dithering and shading, hopefully it turned out good.

Thanks in advance.

@۞βΣИ٧ĐΏG۞:

> Good, but there isn't much detail on them, shading is ok, id put more detail, but Start off simple i guess.

Yeah but, like I said, I'm a beginner xD.
Thank you for your comment; I appreciate it.
Hearing criticism is what keeps me going on something. If someone suggests something, it encourages me to make it better.

@נυиgℓєтσє:

> I think they are decent. The ring's shading is reeeaally bad though. Try adding more colors to your pallette. Other than that its effective for your style.

Yeah, I had some trouble with the ring. It was the first of the three I made.
It goes left to right from oldest to newest.

@Novur:

> @נυиgℓєтσє:
>
> > I think they are decent. The ring's shading is reeeaally bad though. Try adding more colors to your pallette. Other than that its effective for your style.
>
> Yeah, I had some trouble with the ring. It was the first of the three I made.
> It goes left to right from oldest to newest.

The shading in the ring is too sudden. If you look at a ring, the light doesnt stop shining on one side in a perfect line. Look at a model before you draw. It helps me.

@Novur:

> Hm, good idea. I looked at my dad's wedding ring while he's asleep and noticed that I made that mistake. From the light source, it slowly gets darker in a linear pattern

…you snook into your dads room...at night...to look at something you could've found on google? Lulz

Anyways, yeah. Thats basically what I mean.

@נυиgℓєтσє:

> @Novur:
>
> > Hm, good idea. I looked at my dad's wedding ring while he's asleep and noticed that I made that mistake. From the light source, it slowly gets darker in a linear pattern
>
> …you snook into your dads room...at night...to look at something you could've found on google? Lulz
>
> Anyways, yeah. Thats basically what I mean.

xD, I also studied the light source on the rings at different angles. And I don't think I'd find a java/flash applet that adjusts light angle on a gold ring xD.

@Novur:

> @נυиgℓєтσє:
>
> > @Novur:
> >
> > > Hm, good idea. I looked at my dad's wedding ring while he's asleep and noticed that I made that mistake. From the light source, it slowly gets darker in a linear pattern
> >
> > …you snook into your dads room...at night...to look at something you could've found on google? Lulz
> >
> > Anyways, yeah. Thats basically what I mean.
>
> xD, I also studied the light source on the rings at different angles. And I don't think I'd find a java/flash applet that adjusts light angle on a gold ring xD.

Oh really? I found this. On google. 3 pages back.

![](http://www.materialbeliefs.com/biojewellery/images/models/ring.jpg)

Look at the shadow and the shading.

@мсичġġєт:

> pixeliatersssdshffsdgfdds….

I now fully understand why you're a demi god.

On Topic: Yes, I get what you mean but it's just in the inventory and not actually on the picture in game so, does it really matter? I'll take it into my thoughts though.

@נυиgℓєтσє:

> @Novur:
>
> > @נυиgℓєтσє:
> >
> > > @Novur:
> > >
> > > > Hm, good idea. I looked at my dad's wedding ring while he's asleep and noticed that I made that mistake. From the light source, it slowly gets darker in a linear pattern
> > >
> > > …you snook into your dads room...at night...to look at something you could've found on google? Lulz
> > >
> > > Anyways, yeah. Thats basically what I mean.
> >
> > xD, I also studied the light source on the rings at different angles. And I don't think I'd find a java/flash applet that adjusts light angle on a gold ring xD.
>
> Oh really? I found this. On google. 3 pages back.
>
> -Removed image to save space-
>
> Look at the shadow and the shading.

You didn't really have to look, but thanks.xD

@Novur:

> @мсичġġєт:
>
> > pixeliatersssdshffsdgfdds….
>
> I now fully understand why you're a demi god.
>
> On Topic: Yes, I get what you mean but it's just in the inventory and not actually on the picture in game so, does it really matter? I'll take it into my thoughts though.

I r teh uberleet.

Anyway On topic again. Have you looked at the RMXP items? I mean they _are_ made by a professional and all but everyone can learn a bit from it. Also I suggest add a little sparkle on it. ;D

@мсичġġєт:

> @Novur:
>
> > @мсичġġєт:
> >
> > > pixeliatersssdshffsdgfdds….
> >
> > I now fully understand why you're a demi god.
> >
> > On Topic: Yes, I get what you mean but it's just in the inventory and not actually on the picture in game so, does it really matter? I'll take it into my thoughts though.
>
> I r teh uberleet.
>
> Anyway On topic again. Have you looked at the RMXP items? I mean they _are_ made by a professional and all but everyone can learn a bit from it. Also I suggest add a little sparkle on it. ;D

Yeah, I've messed with RPG Maker XP. I'd like to master sprite making instead of ripping off other people's property.