Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lostica Inspired

ShadowAssassin77

Well, since I need a tune up on my pixel art, I decided to create some sidescrolling graphics, I took a look at lostica and shit my pants. I loved em, so I created my version of em :D, no entirely the same, but here ya go.

![](http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/1856/previewoy.png)

Now dont tell me " YOU STOLE FROM LOSTICA BLA BLA BLA." I dont wanna hear it, I simply looked at the WIP while i did it, so dont give me that bull crap, its just an insparation, tell me what I need to improve on, not what I stole or how much it sucks. Thanks! By the way, I know the cliff is bigger than the house, I edited that and halfed it, and make all different sizes for it, credit MrMiguu with that cliff, he really did it pretty much, I just edited it.

Sincerely,
**ShadowAssassin77**

Why do you even expect help when you are saying like: McNugget's pixeling SUCKS etc. You're not better in helping… So here's what I say:
Listen to Kreator
Oh and... The house looks quite ok... the door is smaller than the sprite ( If that sprite is supposed to fit your tiles)
The grass needs more detail... But the sprites are no good...

-seal

@ShadowAssassin77:

> I used the same pallete as Lostica. The shading, I admit could use some help, and I mean come one its suppose to be cartoony.

Lol, just because you have excuses doesn't make it any different. The palette is terrible, the three shades of skin are literally identical, and the color choices themselves look bad. The shading is almost inexistant. What little you have is pillow shading mostly. The do not look cartoony, they look horrible. Just because they are of extremely low quality doesn't make it a 'style'. Look at chibi and cartoon sprites from games like maple story, or hell even World of Hyrule. And also, you have no detail.. his body looks like a square block.

The perspective is so incredibly bad and incorrect…

Alright, lets see i'll explain. Look at the damn building; you've shown two different walls at the exact same angle. It's as if the south and east wall of a building has been folded out 90 degrees to make a straight double wall.. thing

@ShadowAssassin77:

> Alright, alright, I get it, I suck, ill stop. ~~pixel nerd~~..>.>
>
> Sincerely,
> **ShadowAssassin77
>
> its called being an artist
> only a slight few of us have that Artist Eye
> and aparently you dont have it
>
> this isnt even bad critism
> go post it on that pixel joint website
> and see what critism you get
>
> work on the legs, wheres teh neck
> look at human anatomy
>
> EDIT:
>
> @ShadowAssassin77:
>
> > Alright, alright, I get it, I suck, ill stop. ~~pixel nerd~~..>.>
> >
> > Sincerely,
> > **ShadowAssassin77
> > @Kreator:
> >
> > > The perspective is so incredibly bad and incorrect, that it makes me want to maul your face with my pen. =(
> >
> > Thats not even what Kreator said.
> > you asked for critism and that is a form of critism
> > gosh its not our fault if you take it the wrong way
> >
> > pixel art is a form of art which leads to you attempting to be an artist
> > artist MUST deal with critism
> > Kreator didnt get completely badass with pixels in an hour
> > it takes time, practice and inspiration.
> > maybe losticas style is not for you
> > just take teh critism
> > make multiple edits and then come and ask us about it****

@ShadowAssassin77:

> pixel nerd..>.>

I didn't even start on the pixel-ling, I pointed out the very basic fact that your perspective for starters is brutally incorrect. I edited my post for you too see-

@Kreator:

> Alright, lets see I'll explain. Look at the damn building; you've shown two different walls at the exact same angle. It's as if the south and east wall of a building has been folded out 90 degrees to make a straight double wall.. thing

@Ninja-Tech:

> only a slight few of us have that Artist Eye
> and aparently you dont have it

Hehe, you don't even need to be any sort of artist to see how wrong the perspective is however in that building.

The following post, "Re: Lostica Inspired" by Kreator (Dark Crusade) has been reported by ShadowAssassin77 on a board you moderate:

The topic: http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php?topic=59436.msg629316#msg629316

Moderation center: ~~http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/sore loser that sucks at pixel art/index.php?action=moderate;=1108~~
The reporter has made the following comment:..

Regards,The Eclipse - Free 2D Mmorpg Maker Team.