Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[.Net][C#] Juiced Sidescroll Engine

deathtaker26

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i knew you would like it. the only problem is that you have compile the content into .xnb but monogame is still able to load the content from just image (.png or any) or sound (.ogg) file so you should not have any problem beside the networking (because i did not get it at all :huh: ).

I'm pretty good with networking actually I'm confirming the use of Lidgren networking. I have made MANY network related programs before so I'm good there.

Also I'd like to make another small update I lied about the complete EventHanderOverride plugins, they won't replace a method, the default methods will be put into plugins. But I just thought that what if 2 plugins use the same method… so yeah.

**Updates–--------**

Alright, so today i spent most of my time writing the network… just to realize Lidgren is a pain in the * and Inb4 hate but .Net Sockets > Lidgren, so i converted everything over to .net sockets. The network is functional now....

Another notice, I am debating Data storage types files vs database. It's probably going to be MySQL but at the same time physical files are also nifty to make quick edits. I don't know yet, Think I'm going with MySQL and then I get into physics

Will keep you guys posted!

Edit: (Screenshot of frmMainMenu and the connection to the server)

![](http://eclipseorigins.com/community/filehost/630566cbf15d7dec8ff0f9462808b3a2.png)

**Updates–-----**

Well, I've been really busy this week but I did manage to get some work in.

First of all, I would like to say, that if anyone is interested in making content for this engine I can incorporate your work into the engine, just message me before making content and ill give you information on how it needs to be made.

I have the MySQL database class coded, it access data and caches it properly.

User logins and new account creations are created, i'll be posting screenshots as soon as I get the sprite displays up

The next thing I'm working on is the map editor expect these following features in that

- background images for maps

- Block objects (this is based on free movement, so blocks are in increments of 8x8)

- Custom Physic objects (give blocks custom physics, this is loaded with the ClientContent Plugin

- Physic water - Create waterfalls and whatnot using the water physics tool

- Moving platforms, because what's a sidescroll engine without moving platforms?

- Moving background objects, for extra eye candy scenes

-JSON map files

–---------------------------------------------

Future updates:

Cutscene engine - make cutscenes for your game

Map loading

Quest system is definately a yes.

Guild system I was never a fan of but it's not too hard to implement

Crafting system, yes but only because I get to generate crafting recipes using my Content System

Projectile system is definately a yes, but only because I wanted to add molitov cocktails to my game xD

Alright, so today's goal is to get what I have on github, after I'm done I'll take in some developers for a team of people who want to help out. I'll give a job list of things that need to be done while I'm working on other stuff, Whoever does what I'll log it and add you to the credit for what you did.

> Alright, so today's goal is to get what I have on github, after I'm done I'll take in some developers for a team of people who want to help out. I'll give a job list of things that need to be done while I'm working on other stuff, Whoever does what I'll log it and add you to the credit for what you did.

You really don't need a team. If a person who knows how to program in C# then he can "fork" your source code that is get a copy of it work on it and then push it back to the repo. It'll be on a different "branch" which is a section of the repo. You can integrate it into the master branch i.e the main branch which is controlled by you if you feel it works. Allows for bugfixing by the community. 

I don't know much about C# but if give a base could fork it and work on bug fixes and such