Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cannot Connect to own server,even if portforwarding

Wizered99

Now I just set up everything,I am portforwarding,I had a friend do it for me once too,and I pretty much copied everything they did. I even went on a port checker to see if I was portforwarding,and I was!!Thing is when I try to connect to my own server,nothing comes up even with a working port and ip(static IP) and ect. Ugh just look..

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/407/ipproblems.png

someone pls help .-.
im srry im noob ._.
suggestions help to,thx.

Try a different port. Also make sure you have forwarded the port through your router and have unblocked the server from windows firewall. By default vista blocks all incoming connections. :'( I know its a pain.

Just because the site says your isp is blocking the port does not mean it won't work. Here is what my port says:

> Error: I could not see your service on My External IP on port (2656)
> Reason: Connection refused

And yet I'm able to connect to it along with my mapper who is about 100 or more miles away from the server is.

@crzyone9584:

> Try a different port. Also make sure you have forwarded the port through your router and have unblocked the server from windows firewall. By default vista blocks all incoming connections. :'( I know its a pain.
>
> Just because the site says your isp is blocking the port does not mean it won't work. Here is what my port says:
>
> > Error: I could not see your service on My External IP on port (2656)
> > Reason: Connection refused
>
> And yet I'm able to connect to it along with my mapper who is about 100 or more miles away from the server is.

Now idk what the changing the port thing rly has to do with it,and i did set the port and everything,though i did turn off my firewall,and i am too using vista,but still nothing…

imma try to set my port to 4000-4001 and see if anything happens,
and im not sure if other people can connect to me,i just cannot conect to myself,even if a port checker says my ports working.. :/

another thing that might be helpful is,befor I set up the portforwarding stuff,in the first place,I was not able to go on my server.You know,when you download eclipse and it has the default IP and port set into it,and only YOU can go in your own server?yeah I was not able to do that ._. ….

Oh,and 127.0.0.1 didnt work for me,so Bleh.
(basically what i just said)

@Ballie:

> You have to use 127.0.0.1 as the IP to connect to your own server.

Thats not true. I use nonamerpg.servegame.com for my ip on my local machine and it works just fine.

Well without actually seeing what you have done, I'm at lost. Only other suggestion is to download team viewer and let some one remote in and set it up for you.

@crzyone9584:

> @Ballie:
>
> > You have to use 127.0.0.1 as the IP to connect to your own server.
>
> Thats not true. I use nonamerpg.servegame.com for my ip on my local machine and it works just fine.
>
> Well without actually seeing what you have done, I'm at lost. Only other suggestion is to download team viewer and let some one remote in and set it up for you.

OH! so you have team viewer? maybe you can help me,ill message you the ID and password..

–-------------
Ok sent it.