Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Possible Life Forge GUI

Zetasis

Here is a basic GUI I have been working on for my upcomming game Life Forge. It is being created using Robin's amazing engine Eclipse Origins. Let me know what you guys think.

Note: This is my third or fourth attempt at making a GUI so please don't be to brutal :azn:.

![](http://i652.photobucket.com/albums/uu242/Zetasis/InGameScreenShot.png)

The items are poorly stretched, as are the icons you used in the menu bit.

To be honest, you've just added some colour, and an annoying flash behind the inventory. The basic layout was made to be functional, not visually appealing. If you want to make something look good then you should switch stuff around.

Don't be afraid to experiment.

Thanks for the comments guys.

@Robin, how do I move around the Item squares or do they automatically move when the form is re-sized? I wanted to do something different for the Spell Form but I can't figure out how to move the squares around.

@Anna, yeah I was aiming for simplicity that way the GUI can be easily edited.

@Robin:

> The items are poorly stretched, as are the icons you used in the menu bit.
>
> To be honest, you've just added some colour, and an annoying flash behind the inventory. The basic layout was made to be functional, not visually appealing. If you want to make something look good then you should switch stuff around.
>
> Don't be afraid to experiment.

But sometimes simplicity and functionality can be visually appealing. ;)

@Zetasis:

> @Robin, how do I move around the Item squares or do they automatically move when the form is re-sized? I wanted to do something different for the Spell Form but I can't figure out how to move the squares around.

Item squares? If you mean the individual items they're not in the GUI. They're rendered onto picInventory.

If you want to change where they're rendered look at the top of modConstants. It has the top & left values as well as the xOffset, yOffset and column counts.