Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Maps

Shadeslayer

I was just messing with Eclipse Origins, it seems like a nice engine.
Though the only thing i really did was Map, mainly because I fail at just about everything else  XD
So here are my two most recent maps, some advice and criticism would be nice.

This is probobly not something you'll hear here often, but you added a bit too much detail to those. All that trunks and shizzles limit the space of your maps greatly. While they are a good thing overall, it's not good to have too much of them around the place.

As the people above said, there's too much details blocking the paths players/NPCs can walk on.. This map would've been fine in a single-player game, but in Multiplayer games you need to keep some more open space in maps for players to walk on.

lol, yeah i never thought it would have to much detail, didn't know that was possible for me XD Usually it was people saying: "Shade you need to add more detail, your maps will suck without them" lol.
Well are these better now?Also if you don't mind, can you rate them for me? 1/10 - 10/10, 10 being the best and 1 being the worst.

Uhm, Shade, do you really feel that ratings are that useful? I mean, the comments explain what is good and what is bad while a rating is just a number from a person, the person maybe do not even know anything about mapping, it is much better to hear others opinions as they will contain knowledge and you will much easier find the flaws and you can see what advices are bad and what advices are good.

I find overall ratings useless, I find catagorized ratings kinder useless, but they help finding out what needs work the most.

@☺Skell:

> Uhm, Shade, do you really feel that ratings are that useful? I mean, the comments explain what is good and what is bad while a rating is just a number from a person, the person maybe do not even know anything about mapping, it is much better to hear others opinions as they will contain knowledge and you will much easier find the flaws and you can see what advices are bad and what advices are good.
>
> I find overall ratings useless, I find categorized ratings kinder useless, but they help finding out what needs work the most.

They are useful to me, only because i use it to see if i am improving, for example: If someone rated me at 3/10 before and a few months later with practice it was now a 8/10 it would tell me that i have improved, though i guess comments/opinions are better to find out in which areas you need to improve in.