Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shades of the Ancients

Joyce

Hmm, I've been doodling with the combat mechanics some.. And so far I've came up with the following (melee) equation:

> Player Damage = Strength + (Willpower / Random(3)) + (Player Level / Random(6)) + Weapon Damage * (Player Level / 5))

It's not much, but I think it's better then the standard equation.. Next up is doodling with the Magic Damage equation and getting the two balanced. :)

Note that I'm going to give every class their OWN equations, meaning that for example a warrior benefits more from strength in their 'spells', and a mage benefits from their intellect.. The stat choices will really depends on your class rather then being the same default crap for every character. :)

> **Client Side**
> -Added NPC HP bars(Copy + Paste from Kimi's source.. Was being lazy :P Did change where it was rendered though).
> -Made the Main Menu appear in the taskbar.
> -Fixed a minor issue that could cause a crash.
>
> **Server Side**
> -Fixed an issue where players could hit NPCs with insane amounts of damage caused by dividing by zero.
> -Fixed a typo in one of the equations, it should no longer cause 0 damage.

-

@Yami:

> Hmm, I've been doodling with the combat mechanics some.. And so far I've came up with the following (melee) equation:
>
> > Player Damage = Strength + (Willpower / Random(3)) + (Player Level / Random(6)) + Weapon Damage * (Player Level / 5))
>
> It's not much, but I think it's better then the standard equation.. Next up is doodling with the Magic Damage equation and getting the two balanced. :)
>
> Note that I'm going to give every class their OWN equations, meaning that for example a warrior benefits more from strength in their 'spells', and a mage benefits from their intellect.. The stat choices will really depends on your class rather then being the same default crap for every character. :)

Still keeping up with the great work Yami :) You made me now think about the damage mechanics now xD

Little bit of an issue with the source, the harddrive I kept it on decided to mysteriously dissapear from the drive list(even in the BIOS), but still functions as I can see program links to it which are still active.. Will get to that later, having a wee bit of vacation here :P