Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ambardia new 2010 trailer

I'm trying to limit actual game play video. Ive been talking to some video majors who have made some trailers for other games and it's accepted practice to limit in game play with unconventional style games. So I'm hoping after a person downloads it they might be more enticed to play for a while.

I will not download a game unless I have checked its trailer on Youtube, researched it a bit and so forth. A Video Trailer should give a view of the gameplay and what you will be doing, save the text for the website and manuals - its interactive media. 54 seconds and I saw no ingame experiences, also the logo at the start lasts around 10seconds, you would be better off watermarking or having a header/footer in the video with your Game name and website address in a frame matching Ambardias theme.
This gets into peoples subconcious whilst watching and enables you to better use the time. Short clips are usually more effective so I would perhaps cut it down to 30 seconds spend 10 seconds on 3 major unique features about your game, then in a weeks time release a new 30 second clip, itll infiltrate Youtube better.
Instead of saying 11 characters, use "More than 10 varied characters" . 19 Skills? - "More than a Dozen skills" - Use language and content to wow and impact the user, if I was to use Farts as a reference (do not take offence Im deadly serious), this current trailer is a silent fart which only the creator of the fart is aware of - it has no smell and no impact.
What you want is a short, violent fart which comes out guns blazing and makes all in the room and those next door take note of it because it is a smell like no other.

I would suggest researching rather than asking Video Majors, I knew a guy on my Course who got a 1st in his degree yet it wasnt because he was all that good at the subject in question - he was just very good at examination techniques but on much of the coursework requiring creative thinking - he was just average.

I think your right silent. I have been less than happy with almost everything you just pointed out as well. We will get to work on a new trailer soon.

Also, when showing gameplay footage, make sure you switch video clips every 2 - 3 seconds. Most viewers will have ADD and become more involved if you switch images really quickly on them. That's what movie producers do. They change the scene's angle almost every 2 - 3 seconds.