Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Pet system?

Pallash

Is it possible to ride on a "Big sprite (64x64) with a Sprite (64x32)
I would liek to make:

Buying a pet in the shop to ride it. the pet is 1.5x faster than the player and the player can atk while hes on the pet.

so is this possible?

Yes, you but as for the speed I believe it'd have to be an edit to the source code of the client. For you see, the speed of the player's run + walk speed are handled in the source, I believe in the module "modConstants". In ES and EE27 - 28 it handles the speed of both Staff "GM" and Players, while in origins it only handles the player and creates the normal "run" key to be a walk key.

You'd have to change this constant when the "pet" type of item is equipped and change the sprite, attacking should still be enabled. Of course this is simply a conceptual idea.

good luck.

gosh x.x
i actually wanna make this:

a Chocobo farm where u can buy chocobos for a certain price.
after you bought it, it will be in ur inventory, double click to ride on it.
i got the chocobo sprite,and the normal sprites (I have 6 classes in my game)
when ur riding chocobo ur walking will increasy by 1.5x.

anyone who could help me out?

It's really simple. :\ Just go in the source, find the sub that handles you holding down shift and edit it to check your inventory for the item, then if you have the item, change your sprite to that, and on release change your sprite back. Also, in modConstants like I said, change the number to whatever you want. 1.5x? Well if it's at 2 for normal, then make the shift speed 3\. That easy, if you have the source. If you want me to do it, you have to make it worth my while. :P It's like a 4 minute thing.