Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Portforwarding situation..

samih1996

Hi guys,

I am having trouble portforwarding my game, I am doing everysingle step what it says at PORTFORWARD.COM but i dontknow 1 thing what do i put as my local ip?

I did 192.168.1.40 thats what it says on my eclipse and my friend couldn't connect to the game from his house.

Ok ipchicken somehow gives me the wrong ip adress.
When I portfowarded, I used the IP I found on….
1\. go on start
2\. type in cmd (if it's win xp, go on run then type in cmd)
3\. type ipconfig in the window
4\. use the ipv4 adress

That's what I did anyways...Might be diffrent for other routers or something

ok… here is a quick rundown.

cmd (ipconfig) will give you your lan address... that is your 192.168.x.xxx number
ipchicken gives you your wan address... this is different from your lan address.

in your router you forward port 4000 to your lan address.
in your friends data.ini, or config.ini... whatever it is i forget... he puts in the wan address.

If you are running the server and client on the same computer you use your home address which is 127.0.0.1

client + server > 127.0.0.1
client > server in the same network (same router) > 192.168.x.xxx  or wan ip (ipchicken)
friend > server through internet > wan ip (ipchicken)

Does that make sense?

>! @Gwennifer:
>! > ok… here is a quick rundown.
>
> cmd (ipconfig) will give you your lan address... that is your 192.168.x.xxx number
> ipchicken gives you your wan address... this is different from your lan address.
>
> in your router you forward port 4000 to your lan address.
> in your friends data.ini, or config.ini... whatever it is I forget... he puts in the wan address.
>
> If you are running the server and client on the same computer you use your home address which is 127.0.0.1
>
> client + server > 127.0.0.1
> client > server in the same network (same router) > 192.168.x.xxx  or wan ip (ipchicken)
> friend > server through internet > wan ip (ipchicken)
>
> Does that make sense?

Ok thanks i understand that. I have done that but this still did not work, what i decided to do is restart everthing. When i portforward what do i put as my local ip. On my server it says (192.168.1.40:4000) does this mean that my local ip is '192.168.1.40'?