Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Sims 3: Ambitions

azkanan

I gotta say, I thought that the Sims 3 series expansion packs were going to be minifaggots like the Sims 2 ones, but I've bought both Ambitions and World Adventures now, and I'm impressed by both.
I just bought Sims 3 Ambitions, and heres the low-down on the stuff they don't advertise that I've found in the manual;

**Firefighter**
Pretty self-explanatory, you go to the fire station and mantain your equipment and do the hours till there's an emergency. You then get called out at random times to fight off the flame and people's houses!

**Ghost Hunter**
Hunt Ghosts! Not only do you go around dispelling the ghostly figures, you catch them and sell them off at the science facility. Fun!

**Doctor**
Here's one I didn't see in the advertisements; doctors. Be on call, get no sleep and save people's lives. You get to diagnose the patients yourself, apparently, which I look forward to trying out.

**Investigator**
So, there are thieves in town. We all know that. As an investigator, it's your job to hunt these fellows down for stealing anything from cars - or worse - tomato plants to clocks. You don't have to be such a good guy either, you can bribe people and break into houses to get the dirt!

**Architectural Designer**
Through all the bumfluff that they dress these descriptions in, I'm guessing that this job lets you redesign other people's houses. I suppose it's a step in the right direction… I'd still prefer that the neighbouring NPCs did it themselves, just to see how it turns out. Oh well.

**Stylist**
Fashion diva! Design people's hair, make up and outfits. Once level 3 in the career, you can solicit style services. That's hot. They can also work up a portfolio by taking up the photography skill.

**Self-Employed**
This is half-way to the gameplay I look forward to the most, that being how you could set up shop in Sims 2\. But, Self-Employed basically brings in a steady flow of moneys from inventing, gardening, fishing, sculpting, painting, writing, nectar-making and photography.

**Inventing**
Buy scrap from the Inventing Workbench or at the local junkyard and make awesome items and toys. Eventually, you can **detonate** shit for scrap. Awesome. Try not to set the house on fire, though, old boy.

**Sculpting**
Self-explanatory - sculpt sculptures! You get different materials and you can make them different sizes.

**Tattoos**
That's right, you can give people tattoos. It's actually an impressively simple yet creative system. Move them around, change the design, the colour, use different layers, different body parts and so forth.

**Laundry**
LAUNDRY? LAUNDRY?! Ah jeez. Now I actually have to put my clothes into the wash after I change, otherwise they build up around the place. What a lame thing to have to do.
I do love the fact that I can do it, though. One more step towards realism, yay.

New hangout spots: Consignment Store, Salon, Junkyard, Laundromat (LOL Hooray for Eastenders (Eng)), Fire Department.
I wonder when they'll put English Pubs in? Come on, they just have to make a "Expansion Pack: England" where there are pubs, teenage pregnancies, drugs and chavs that vandalise. Awesome.

Anywho, I'm off to actually **play** the game now - thought I'd share this information with y'all. :)

You honestly find it fun to _pretend_ you can kill bears with a sling? :\

Also to all, **do you recognise this man?**

![](http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v229/azkanan/corleone.png)

That's right. **THE** Michael Corleone!

I staked out the government house place thing, thus the lady hiding in the bushes (lol? (My great-great-grand-daughter xD)) and found Michael Corleone in a suspicious meeting…

![](http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/usa/images-4/michael-corleone-al-pacino.jpg)

• 3 weeks later...