Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lock

horizongames

@horizongames:

> are you kidding me? why not

Because there isn't any way to prevent someone from editing a file. Hard disks allow both reading and writing, therefore files are always modifiable, and no your operating system can't prevent it, since you can just use another which doesn't give a hoot about the protection.

Regards,
  Stephan.

The engine is made for a indie game development mostly, if your game becomes popular enough that you actually attract people who will actually modify the files for malicious reasons you'll probably be knowledgeable enough to add this feature yourself.

… Well, at least that's my opinion.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Lol. Stephan, everything is possible. We know that. That's why most preventive measures try to make it as hard as possible to do something, if the gain is less than the effort required most people give up.

@Tylian!:

> Lol. Stephan, everything is possible. We know that. That's why most preventive measures try to make it as hard as possible to do something, if the gain is less than the effort required most people give up.

Like wasting your processor cycles on encrypting files that can easily be viewed without even decrypting since the game client does it for you? It's better to leave it as it is, instead of wasting my processor cycles with crap that doesn't even work, and you sure know that, Tylian.

Regards,
  Stephan.