Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CSS Attempt

aaaron

Whoever was ranting off all the "mini menus" and features that he should add, no. Just no.
How about we add a shoutbox, ooh and maybe a "Location of last 10 readers" widget?
I don't mean to mock you, but swamping a website with all those lovely but pointless things is a catastrophic fail.

On to the website itself, as a base I'd rate it 2/10\. Harsh but honest. Your code is messy, so using what you currently have as a base would result in a nightmare of code to search through to change one little detail.
A common method of CSS organization is to place comment tags such as /* Core */, /* Header */, /* Content */, /* Footer */ and so on. As far as naming said tags go, it doesn't really matter. I commonly use /* Core */ to refer to edits such as the body {} and * {} code which I use often. If you wish, some people then add sub-categories for things like nesting and grouping.

An example of nesting and grouping:

>! ```
/* Ungrouped Example */
>! h2 {
color: red;
}
>! .thisOtherClass {
}
>! .yetAnotherClass {
}
>! ``````
/* Grouped Example */
>! h2, .thisOtherClass, .yetAnotherClass {
}
>! ``````
/* Nesting Example */
>! #top {
background-color: #ccc;
padding: 1em
}
>! #top h1 {
color: #ff0;
}
>! #top p {
font-weight: bold;
}
>! ```
Once you get used to these, CSS is a breeze. The actual code isn't the hard part, it's just organizing it.

I agree with whoever said the colour scheme is awful. If your blue colour scheme follows the same pattern in shades, it'll be just as horrible.
It's not so much the colour that makes it awful, it's the way the colour has been used.

EDIT: No. Overload your site with moving images, flash, etc. etc. and your viewers will hate you for life.
Sorry but after seeing your design, and then all the comments about adding that sort of stuff, I noticed how similar it would look to [this.](http://gnacfunkytown.blogspot.com/)

@Seijaku:

> Whoever was ranting off all the "mini menus" and features that he should add, no. Just no.
> How about we add a shoutbox, ooh and maybe a "Location of last 10 readers" widget?
> I don't mean to mock you, but swamping a website with all those lovely but pointless things is a catastrophic fail.
>
> On to the website itself, as a base I'd rate it 2/10\. Harsh but honest. Your code is messy, so using what you currently have as a base would result in a nightmare of code to search through to change one little detail.
> A common method of CSS organization is to place comment tags such as /* Core */, /* Header */, /* Content */, /* Footer */ and so on. As far as naming said tags go, it doesn't really matter. I commonly use /* Core */ to refer to edits such as the body {} and * {} code which I use often. If you wish, some people then add sub-categories for things like nesting and grouping.
>
> An example of nesting and grouping:
>
> >! ```
> /* Ungrouped Example */
> >! h2 {
> color: red;
> }
> >! .thisOtherClass {
> }
> >! .yetAnotherClass {
> }
> >! ``````
> /* Grouped Example */
> >! h2, .thisOtherClass, .yetAnotherClass {
> }
> >! ``````
> /* Nesting Example */
> >! #top {
> background-color: #ccc;
> padding: 1em
> }
> >! #top h1 {
> color: #ff0;
> }
> >! #top p {
> font-weight: bold;
> }
> >! ```
> Once you get used to these, CSS is a breeze. The actual code isn't the hard part, it's just organizing it.
>
> I agree with whoever said the colour scheme is awful. If your blue colour scheme follows the same pattern in shades, it'll be just as horrible.
> It's not so much the colour that makes it awful, it's the way the colour has been used.

Wow, thanks. I am gonna redo all of this tonight. Thanks for comment or whatever.

Fiddy Tree

@Fiddy:

> @Seijaku:
>
> > Good luck. Practice makes perfect.
>
> Yes it does. So, instead of I should put /* Header */?

I think you've misunderstood.

In HTML, is used for comments (which in static HTML websites is also important), and in CSS /* Comment */ is used. You only put /* */ tags inside CSS.