Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

[EO] Where is picScreen?

igloo9

@Tylian!:

> Technically you should change MAP_X and MAP_Y in the source to change the size.
>
> The X/Y values are the number of tiles per map in either direction.

That's not what I want. Well, I guess that would be good too, but I want to increase the screen size of my client. Not the viewing range, but the size it'self to make it bigger.

I'm in frmMainGame and I tried to change the picScreen/PictureBox scale height and width from 334 height, 480 width to 530 height, 434 width. It didn't work. :/

@Tylian!:

> Don't change the scalewidth or scaleheight.
>
> And, you have to change MAP_X/Y either way. :p

Alright, two questions.

1\. What do I change Map_X/Y to? (It's in Mod Constants, right?)
2\. If I don't change scalewidth or height, what do I change?

Ive got the same problem now. There are about 5 topics about that here, acording them u should cange picScreen size (multiply of 32) then change MAP_X and MAP_Y by picScreen size \ 32 -1 (because ammount counts from 0) For client window size it is MainGame form width and high. But here it doesnt work (for me)
So I  also ask it) I made pic size bigger but the client remains the same horisontaly (only) so it is cuted. I found I cam maximise Main game form (like full screen) but I cant modify it width( Any ideas?

*oh missprinded fitj PIC sorry

@Saito00:

> Ive got the same problem now. There are about 5 topics about that here, acording them u should cange picScreen size (multiply of 32) then change PIC_X and PIC_Y by picScreen size \ 32 -1 (because ammount counts from 0) For client window size it is MainGame form width and high. But here it doesnt work (for me)

I typed up a massive reply explaining just that, but you explained it better so I'll just quote you.

You're using EO right? I'll try doing the edit myself and record what I did to get it to work.

@Saito00:

> Ive got the same problem now. There are about 5 topics about that here, acording them u should cange picScreen size (multiply of 32) then change PIC_X and PIC_Y by picScreen size \ 32 -1 (because ammount counts from 0) For client window size it is MainGame form width and high. But here it doesnt work (for me)

See, this is what I don't get. There isn't enough information. There are too many size options for picScreen. There's height/width, drawheight/drawwidth, and scaleheight/scalewidth. I don't see any PIC_X or PIC_Y anywhere.

I don't get what you mean after that. So to change the client window size, I just change MainGame's height and width? Then what's all the stuff you wrote before that for

I just need some simple step-by-step instructions explaining on how I can change my size instead of just "Change this to this" because it doesn't help. I've read through all of the other Screen size threads and nothing helps.

@Saito00:

> No, as I read u should
> 1\. change pic screen width and high (scale otions work automatic I gess)
> 2\. change PIC_X and PIC_Y , it is in constant mods of client exe
> 3\. mb it should work just then

Hold on, I'll try it.

What do I put where it says PIC_X and Y? This is what it says in Constants:

Public Const HalfX As Integer = ((MAX_MAPX + 1) \ 2) * PIC_X
Public Const HalfY As Integer = ((MAX_MAPY + 1) \ 2) * PIC_Y
Public Const ScreenX As Integer = (MAX_MAPX + 1) * PIC_X
Public Const ScreenY As Integer = (MAX_MAPY + 1) * PIC_Y

Okay. Step by step instructions.

Figure out the size you want your maps to be minimum, in tiles.
I set mine as 20 by 15 (Default is 15 by 10).

Open up frmConstants, and change MAX_MAPX and MAX_MAPY to be your map width/height - 1, in tiles.
```
Public Const MAX_MAPX As Byte = 19 ' Width 20 - 1
Public Const MAX_MAPY As Byte = 14 ' Height 15 - 1

```
**Do this in both the Server and Client.**

Now, open up frmMainGame and edit picScreen's properties to be as so:

picScreen.Width = 640 ' Width in tiles * 32
picScreen.Height = 480 ' Height in tiles * 32

Sorry I can't explain better, I'm half asleep.

And, just to make sure. **Just edit the width/height property. Not the scaleWidth/scaleHeight/drawWidth/drawHeight/etc.**

**Edit:**
@Saito00:

> No, as I read u should
> 1\. change pic screen width and high (scale otions work automatic I gess)
> 2\. change PIC_X and PIC_Y , it is in constant mods of client exe
> 3\. mb it should work just then

Nonono, don't change PIC_Y/X. That sets the tiles width/height!

Oh sorry I missprinted PIC (tile size) and MAP (number of tiles) of course  :lipsrsealed:
*Robin can you answer about that please:

> So I  also ask it) I made pic size bigger but the client remains the same horisontaly (only) so it is cuted. I found I cam maximise Main game form (like full screen) but I cant modify it width( Any ideas?

@Saito00:

> Oh sorry I missprinted PIC (tile size) and MAP (number of tiles) of course  :lipsrsealed:
> *Robin can you answer about that please:
>
> > So I  also ask it) I made pic size bigger but the client remains the same horisontaly (only) so it is cuted. I found I cam maximise Main game form (like full screen) but I cant modify it width( Any ideas?

In the Form_Load sub of frmMainGame, change this to your desired width:
```
    Me.width = 10545

```
… Robin, why is that width code still there... It's part of Mirage's map editor ...

@Coolx:

> @Robin:
>
> > You haven't changed the map size properly.
>
> What exactly did I do wrong?

It looks like you didn't change MAX_MAPX and MAX_MAPY on both the Client and Server.

@Robin:

> Remember to delete all your maps afterwards, as well. ;D

See, proof I'm half asleep. I forgot to mention that.

Also, why is the width of the main form still set using code? Wasn't that part of Mirage Source's map editor?

@Tylian!:

> Also, why is the width of the main form still set using code? Wasn't that part of Mirage Source's map editor?

Because I like being able to see all the off-screen stuff whilst developing without having to manually re-size it every time I go to test something.