Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Old vs. New style ( need crits etc. )

Sealbreaker

Could someone of you give me an example of how the tree ( new ) would look good when being shaded?
thanks in advance,

-seal ( who already failed his first try at shading :D )

edit: attached what i tryed… i'm not satisfied ( or how its written... I am german ;) ) with it.... what can i improve and how?

@Robin:

> I think it's fairly obvious. It doesn't look like a tree.

What Robin means to say is that you don't have a light source (aka shading). There are tons of tuts on that. All you did was scribble a few lines, color it in, and called it a tree.

I'm going to use the old style… I liked it^^ ( yeah, it has NO shading aswell but i liked it that.. flat way... it was a kinda special style for graphics... nothing that everybody uses... <.< ) ( and ofc EVERYTHING is better thanusing rpg-maker-stuff... )

-seal

@Jungletoe:

> What Robin means to say is that you don't have a light source (aka shading). There are tons of tuts on that. All you did was scribble a few lines, color it in, and called it a tree.

Don't tell me what I do or do not mean. It does not look like a tree. He can have as many light sources as he wants, but what he drew was the kind of stuff you'd expect from a toddler's crayon drawing.

It looks like this.

![](http://www.featurepics.com/FI/Thumb300/20080321/Crayon-Drawing-Environmental-Home-660243.jpg)

If you want it to look like a tree, go look at an actual tree. Don't draw a child's interpretation of a tree.