Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ruin Regions

Icie Juicy

![](http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/IcieJuicy/RUIN-1-1.png)

Ruin Regions is a MMO of a different breed. In the new period of time, known as Ruin, players will have the opportunity to control their own completely customized region on one of the four new planets. When customizing a region, players will be able to create their own Ruler of the region, select from different forms of government (democracy, autocracy…), select their source of authority (tyrannical, militaristic, elective...), select their planet specific regional plant and animal, create an Advisor to their ruler and select the planet and specific region of land on that planet to control.

Once a player has finished customizing their region and has selected their territory, the possibilities will be nearly endless. As the Ruler of the region, players will be forced to make difficult decisions on a daily basis regarding policies and issues that arise, or the Rulers may choose to ignore these difficult decisions. However, players should beware, because the populace does not like an indecisive ruler or a ruler that establishes policies the regional populace does not agree with and doing so will drop the Ruler's approval. If the Ruler's Approval Rating drops low enough, the region's populace will revolt. This is where a Ruler's group of Advisors is essential. Each Advisor has various skill ratings (Intelligence, Strategy, Charisma, Leadership, Engineering and Politics), which will affect various aspects of the region's ability, including the Advisor's ability to give good advice regarding policy decisions.

After players begin to develop their region's resources, population, military, Advisors and technology they may begin to look towards expansion. Regions may become allies and establish trading agreements, or they may choose to take a more active role in expansion by targetting another region for an invasion. If the attacking region is able to overcome the defensive region, then that region can establish it's own rule over the conquered region as well, controlling multiple regions simultaneously.

Ruin Regions is a game about political stability, diplomacy, war and the most important aspect, growth. Ruin is a time when humans have faced extinction head on and have recoverd (view the storyline on the Ruin Regions website for more information). Growth and re-establishment of humanity are the primary focuses, but just as any time in history, war and death are inevitable....

**Upcoming Updates/Current Projects**

>! **General Development 10%
>! Advisor Creation 0%
Policy Creation 0%
Military Units 25%
Technologies 5%
Buildings/Developments 10%
Planets and Regions 35%
Help File Database 0%
>! Engine Development 8%
>! Ratings/Resources/Attributes System 10%
Invasion System 5%
Military Units/Abilities System 5%
Infrastructure System 40%
Advisor Abilities System 5%
Diplomacy System 0%
Growth and Progression System 0%
Trade System 0%
Messaging System: 0%
Database Development 15%
>! Graphic Development 25%
>! Main Menu GUI 90%
Main Game GUI 40%
Military Unit Graphics 0%
Advisor Graphics 0%
Planets/Region Graphics 10%
Logos/Banners/Promos 10%
>! Tech Development 43%
>! Temporary Forum 50%
Temporary Website 50%
Official Forum 60%
Official Website 10%
>! Current Areas Under Active Development:
>! Main Menu GUI
Main Game GUI
Military Units
Planets and Regions
Infrastructure System
Database Development**

>! ![](http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r222/IcieJuicy/IntroMenuExample.png)

**We will be posting more information soon, so keep an eye on the page, or sign up on our forum or website to get a better idea of what the new project is about!**

**Ruin Regions Official Forum:** www.ruinregions.smfnew.com

**Ruin Regions Official Website:** www.ruinregions.net

• 4 months later...
Well there will be a combination of all of those. However it will be mostly a decision making based game. Meaning most of the decisions about policies and so forth will effect the productivity of your region's output. Forexample, decisions about business regulations will effect productivity of capital gained or taxed by a region. That's just one example of the decision making.

As for the player verse player aspect, there will be acts of espionage, sabotage and war. Those being on the aggresive side, of course on the positive side regions will be able to establish trade agreements and alliances. I plan to also include multi-alliance pacts, similar to a United Nations or European Union. Which would allow multiple regions to support eachother in war.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
@MrMiguu:

> The white corners on the GUI are very unclean. Make the background either white or blend the logo and the background better.

I could not agree with you more. This is my first time using photoshop CS5 and unfortunately, as simple as it is, I didn't know how to solve that problem. I created a topic (below) for it the other day and I'll likely have things smoothed out later today.

http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,68881.0.html

• 1 month later...
**Update 3/13/2011**

I haven't posted an update on Eclipse in awhile so there has been a lot of recent progress. We have our own original website and forum now, both are still being developed. The website (www.ruinregions.net) is half way done.

The Development Progress was just added to this topic, though I'm not sure how frequently I'll be able to update it. We have the nearly all of the main menu, account and Region creation process completed. Which is allowing us to begin working more on the actual game!

Last week I released a small video walk through, mostly for development purposes, but for those of you who are interested, you are welcome to check it out as well. There is a link on our forum to the video.

I hope to frequent these forums more in the future and get some more updates soon!

• 1 month later...
**Update 5/10/2011**

Development has been continuing and a lot of progress has been made. For those who are interested in the project, either working with us, or the game itself, please visit our new development blog. Feel free to subscribe to our blog, take part in our polls or just check back frequently as we post new updates!

**Ruin Regions blog**
http://ruinregions.blogspot.com/
**Here is a little more about the Game Design and what is Currently Programmed:**

>! **Game Design**
The majority of the eight months that I have spent developing Ruin Regions, with or without the assistance of others, has been in building a foundation for the project. This foundation consists of the game design plans and storyline. While the game design plans and storyline are still under development, and will continue to be throughout the development process, many of these elements have also been integrated into the project and are functioning.
>! **Currently Programmed**
At this point in development, I've developed enough of Ruin Regions to allow for players to create accounts, with all of the Planet/District/Region specific information that I outlined above. Once the account is created, players are able to log in and begin actually playing the game. I have functionally programmed a few elements in game, listed below.
>! **Domestic**
_Building infrastructure (various types of buildings, all with their own cost/time to build and increased production/military benefits)
Training (able to train Researchers)
Employment (able to assign workers to work in specific production facilities, based on your Region's Population minus factors like Unemployment)_
>! **Military**
_Review Active Troops (able to view the different military units that are currently assigned to tasks like training, defending…)
Draft Troops (able to draft troops into your military, for a price, based on your Region's Population - factors like public support)
Train Troops (able to send an amount of troops off to train, upon returning the troops will gain a level of experience)
Build Items (able to build both weapons or equipment, for items that have been discovered through research)_
>! **Advisors**
_Review Advisors (able to view all Advisors that are currently employed by you Region, along with a list of their skill ratings and abilities)
Search (able to attempt to send your own Advisors out to search for additional Advisors in other Planets/Districts)_
>! **Resource Production**
Currently all resources are able to be produced for your Region (Food, Timber, Minerals, Water, Currency) and the effectiveness of production can be altered by the player, based on their actions; building infrastructure, increasing/decreasing employment.
>! **Battle System**
Over the past week I have been actively developing the battle system, which has come a long way. This will be a 2D tile based system. It is nearing full functionality independently, though implementing it into the project will take some additional time.
>! **Art and Graphics**
At this point, I have been using dummy graphics for Ruin Regions, since this isn't too important for functionality and graphics are easily implemented once we are able to find someone to help develop them. I would show screenshots of the project, but displaying graphics used in already published games wouldn't represent Ruin Regions very well.

I've just posted a new update on our blog and we are still seeking additional members. Please check out our newest update and contact us if you have any questions or wish to discuss potentially working on Ruin Regions.

**http://ruinregions.blogspot.com/**