Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Veteran - What does it mean?

samih1996

Lightning pretty much said it.
The Veteran group was made a few years ago, to acknowledge the guys who were here since the beginning – those vets of the forums, who's stuck with Eclipse despite no longer using the engine.

It's not exactly a time thing, like, after a certain amount of time, you're a vet -- there's non-vets that have been here for a long time as well.  It's a matter of how much you've done for the community, like, once in a while, one of the vets would nominate someone they really think deserves to hold the title "Veteran", and if the other vets agree, they'll be made a Vet.

Hope that explains things :)

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Ahh, figured Soul would be me to it – it's in the Questions board, after all XD

I was only a year and a half or so when I became a vet. =P

@ÅÐмiядζ:

> Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
> Ahh, figured Soul would be me to it – it's in the Questions board, after all XD

Are you getting old or what, Addy? You used to rule the questions board.

@Aksel:

> I was only a year and a half or so when I became a vet. =P
>
> @ÅÐмIядζ:
>
> > Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
> > Ahh, figured Soul would be me to it – it's in the Questions board, after all XD
>
> Are you getting old or what, Addy? You used to rule the questions board.

Yeah, that's a long time ago – this ancient administrator is finally starting to rust ;)

Also, as a note, you're in an example of someone who did something big enough for the community to earn it (in this case, I believe you were the one that kickstarted "Fixed Eclipse" which ultimately became Eclipse Stable) without time being a factor.