Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Essence Engine

TH_ShinRyus

• 9 months later...
@GKO:

> Soo robin you wont give the link, i dont wanna use this for my engine i just wanna see what the code looks like, and maybe see if theirs anything i like out of it.

EO is 10x the engine Essence ever was. Just don't use it.

@GKO:

> I dont wanna use it i just wanna see what it looked like. Will some one please post a link?

As you said in the shout box you want to rip the code that supports DD8 and add it into your own engine. IMO you should learn to program for real and stop leeching other people's code.

@GKO:

> I said i want to use it as reference, im not gonna just rip it. The code was almost a complete pieace of shit at that time, im not gonna inject shit into my engine.

Fail logic, Why use shit code for a reference? Shit references beget shit code. ;)

Found a file and looked at it, robin did a good job but it is not a good thing to use. i see why robin has been keeping it from us.
Here is the like [Removed]

I do not recommend useing this other than for study of earlier versions of robins orpg. I would not recommend useing this for your source code, and im sure robin has told all of you the same.

I hope to God people aren't going to download an engine just to 'see my early work'. The only people who'd actually care about it are those who have the nostalgia and they have direct access anyway.

I don't want old outdated code out there because I don't feel like having to offer support for something I purposely buried away. There is nothing in Essence which isn't in Origins. Origins is just Essence re-programmed 3 years later to be faster, stabler and more secure.

The only thing which is even worth a glance in there is my old DX8 class, but good luck using that. If you want DX8 then you're much better off just getting a copy of Crystalshire: Developer's Edition.