Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Creating ur own sprite?

dakrnamir

How can i make my own sprite , to draw it and then to paint it and to make it done ,

do i need a program  like adobe photoshop or any thing else ?

and where can i find how to start it?

and where is the sprites of the game (the sprites of the game that i starting with them? , i only found the items.dat but i cant run them in any of my program and i dont know what it is , which program do i need to see the items and to make sprites?

thank you very much :azn:

Sprite making is a difficult process. Don't expect to be able to make an acceptable sprite on your first try.

It will take months of practice, with at least 10-30 failed sprites, before you can start making awesome ones. You'll start out with no idea on;

- How to shape a sprite.
- How to colour a sprite.

To make a decent shape for a sprite, as Harris said, just draw over originals, or download some and practice with them. Examine sprites and see how they are made, and attempt your own.
Read up on basic Human Anatomy - examine arm length, leg length, body ratio sizes, and so forth.

To make decent colouration for sprites, that just comes with trial and error. But, you basically want a pallette of 5-9 colours, depending on the sprite size/style.

To make a decent sprite at all, what you will definetly need to do is to read tutorials. You'll be oh-so-very lost without them.

I personally use Adobe Photoshop, but that's because I'm very comfortable and know my way around it - people with no knowledge of photoshop will probably make use of Paint far better, or, they can learn photoshop, again, through tutorials.

==

In any case. If you do intend to take on spriting, good luck! And feel free to always ask for help; posting your attempts in the Show Off section is your most valuable tool through this learning ordeal, because people will give you pointers on how to improve your sprite, bit by bit.

_**Edit;**_

After about five minutes of using the search feature, turns out the two tutorials I was looking for were at the top of the tutorials section, heh. Here are the links, in any case.

**[Kreator's Sword Tutorial](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,54337.0.html)**
Although he isn't showing how to pixel with sprites, he does show how to pixel using shading, which is what you should pay attention to here.

**[IceCreamTuesday's Sprite Tutorial](http://www.touchofdeathforums.com/smf/index.php/topic,48759.0.html)**
This is the tutorial you will want to pay most attention to - it has everything. Shape, shading **and** human anatomy.

I hope this helps - good luck! :)

If you mean to make your sprites bigger; you can't. It has to be 32x64 (pixels. width X height).

If you mean to make more sprites, then just make a file with a new name… ie;

1.bmp <-- Default.
2.bmp <-- Default.
3.bmp <-- Default.
4.bmp <-- New one.