Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Broken headphones

Xavi

Well, another one of my headphones started acting up today, thus making the 4th I've gone through 0.o
It's a bit odd. After maybe a month of use on my laptop, my headphones start only playing through one side. If I move the cable around a lot, I can get it to work, but even the slightest movement makes it start being this way again. For me, listening to sounds only through one ear is a very uncomfortable experience, so naturally I stop using them.
Now, however, I've gotten sick of it. I don't know if it's the laptop, what I listen to, or just all my headphones that I use, but they all seem to do this. Does anyone have any idea why this happens?

By the way, it isn't the actual headphone that starts malfunctioning. The jack that goes into the laptop seems to be the issue. Why though?

@Zonova:

> Headphones get old. The more expensive you get, usually the longer lasting they are. They just wear out.

Well I am just using random headphones I find around the house, so they very well could be old. I'm sure being stuffed in a garage for years in the heat of summer didn't help them too much either.

@Jungletoeâ„¢:

> I'm in the same boat as you man. I found some sweet DJ headphones from Best Buy with great bass (according to the reviews). Screw the Apple headphones though…

What's the name of them? I just bought a pair of DJ set headphones for 15 and they are crazy good. Even have a warranty baha. It's weird.

@SoiWilliamSoi:

> @Jungletoeâ„¢:
>
> > I'm in the same boat as you man. I found some sweet DJ headphones from Best Buy with great bass (according to the reviews). Screw the Apple headphones though…
>
> What's the name of them? I just bought a pair of DJ set headphones for 15 and they are crazy good. Even have a warranty baha. It's weird.

[Here](http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Koss+-+UR20+DJ+Headphones/9199217.p?skuId=9199217&productCategoryId=pcmcat152100050036&id=1218057051032)

I have got Wireless Setereo Headphones MDR-RF800R that seem to have worked fine for me the past year. Very nice too, sound quality is nice. Though, the reseiver does have a tendancy to turn off when there is no sound, and take a second or so of constant sound for it to turn back on.

Must better than a wired one – especially ones that have a long wire and when you have a chair on wheels.

do what i want to do, go get some embeded into your skull behind your ears with a head phone jack in the back of your neck. (kinda like the usb ports people get implanted)

this way you would just need a male to male head phone jack and hook one up into your pc and the other into your neck. there you go youll never break another pair of head phones.

btw it sounds like your jack is going out could be one of the pins inside that connects to which ever ear that isnt getting the sound is bent and just not touching.