Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

PNG or Jpg?

@Robin:

> If we replied to every post's semantics we'd never get anywhere. When he asks if anyone has converted the engine to handle JPG or PNG we assume he wants to know why that's a bad idea.

That's a valid point. Perhaps WE newbs should elaborate as much as necesary on our questions to make them clear. I always (try to) do that, and that's why I always got clear, helpful answers.

However if you assumed he needed to know JPG is a bad choice, your first response was not helping a bit, you merely scorned him for not knowing. Remember, we ask because we want to know.

Of course, this is only my (somewhat) valid opinion. I'm not triying to lecture, or impliying it's you duty to be nice and sweet, nobody is paying you for this or anything. But If you took the time to answer in the first place, we newbs would apreciate a friendlier response.

@Pedro071:

> Of course, this is only my (somewhat) valid opinion. I'm not triying to lecture, or impliying it's you duty to be nice and sweet, nobody is paying you for this or anything. But If you took the time to answer in the first place, we newbs would apreciate a friendlier response.

Only reason I'm not friendly to people asking questions is if they're trying to make out that they're someone they're not (in this case a kid pretending he's an old game developer - obvious considering he doesn't understand basic image compression techniques) or because they expect us to do everything for them.