Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Snowboarding

Microwave

So, my gf took me snowboarding for my first time. Completely different than skiing, and much harder in my opinion. She has her own board and has been at it for 5 or so years. First run down the mountain I get going, all my gf told me to do was lean back to slow. Made no sense to me…so I fell...over and over again. I got some of the basics down, didn't really master turning, or stopping to well... but I had a good time despite not being too good at it.

I'm going to give it another go, but I might stick to skiing. I find having my feet bound in one position for a long period of time uncomfortable. Adding to that, my knees got really inflamed because, which I found out after a couple runs, I had two left foot bindings on the board from the rental shop and the original staff member put the bindings on incorrectly as well. Which kind of put a damper on the night.

Anyone else here snowboard, or have any stories?

I'm going soon to snowboard for the first time. You got any tips or pointers? I used to skateboard a lot when I was in middle school and got to be pretty moderate at it able to do your basic flips, and i learned how to surf this summer out in cali which took tons and tons of practice but i never got to be amazing. I was told snowboarding was easier than surfing but then again I've been told the exact opposite. But u should learn to snowboard. From a girls stand point I think its a lot higher on the badass scale haha. then again idk bc i can't do it.

@grizzy:

> …You got any tips or pointers?...

Yea, I'd say just be relaxed, stand tall. A good way to practice was to go down facing up the mountain. Doing that makes it easier to control speed and get used to board control…Oh, and the chair lift is a lot easier to get off of then people make it sound.