Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Simple PNG to BMP Converter

wardy484

Right the program has been updated!
Unfortuantly before all it was doing was changing the extension name. Now the program properly converts the file to BMP. Hope you guys like it.

What is it?
It will convert every image in the selected forlder to .BMP ready for use with EO. This can be used for characters, spirtes anything you need.

Planned Updates
I am hoping to make it number files soon.

Download: [http://www.mediafire.com/?5lb4d27o9b36bx9](http://www.mediafire.com/?5lb4d27o9b36bx9)

Let me know what you think.

@robin
I would but I'm not that great at programming. Still learning although that is what I intend to do once I figure it.

@Mijumaru
It's not pointless its for people who just want to quickly convert some files. Well maybe pointless to you I guess, but not to those who aren't aware how simple it is and don't mess around with macro's etc.

@Mijumaru!:

> Cool, but pointless.

Just because it's pointless for you doesn't mean it is for everyone else. Hell, most of what I do to Origins used to be called 'pointless' by people like you. Look at it now. ;]

@wardy; Depending on the language it'll be easy enough to do a batch converter. Just read up on directory reading libraries.

I personally use image converter plus which I find really useful with EO. The thing is that you are going to have to buy it online to get it. I'm sure with the next update you have about auto numbering the files then it would be really awsome for ppl who cant *afford software. Keep up the good work! :icon_music:

[edit] dam i hate it when i make typos

• 2 months later...
@vytong:

> It does come to my house and we'll see

Extension is nothing. It's simply a tool used to identify file types. Changing the extension does absolutely nothing to the format of the file. This is basic computing.

Go to the file you just re-named and look at the actual format through the file properties. It won't have changed. Dozens of people post bitmap images on here with the .JPG extension so I'm well used to idiots thinking extension changes the format.

Stop arguing because I'm right.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...