• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New hack

ramoneknot

hi folks

there is a new hack on eclipse and elysium servers

i will explain

someone flood conection to server closing all free player slots no one can join game until restart server

well i am posting this to see if we make a fix for this .

screenshot

![](http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/2010/hackjq.png)

Yes but they can only do that so many times. Sooner or later they will run out of ip's or proxies to use. Plus you could also add something in that makes it so when they try to connect it says sorry someone with your ip is already playing. Anything you do will most likely have to be server sided though.

@ramoneknot:

> yes
>
> but a code that block multiple ip connection will not solve?

Stop calling them hackers. They're called script kiddies.

They'll have to edit their scripts to go through a list of proxies during the attack to bypass the time-out period. They can only have so many proxies or friends.

All you can do with a (D)DoS is fight through it. Make it so the attack's damage is minimised and just grit your teeth.

@Zetta:

> in some countries using DDOS is illegal. Run a whois search on the ip, if its from Netherlands, its a 6 year sentence

In most cases you can report it to their internet provider. This usually goes against their terms of service and usually results in a stern phone call or their internet being shut off. Especially if you can provide logs of the attacks. (if they are dumb enough to do it from their own connection and not use a proxy)

So far most of what I've read is spam. Banning his IP won't work. I'll just get that out now. Whoever it is could easily connect to your server through different IP's, so unless you want to be banning the same person for hours, I would suggest coding an Anti-SYI program that will block spammers. Theres also many other ways around this but I'm not going to go that in-depth in a post. Message me via the forums if for further discussion.

ban his mac adres is the best option, but you can also ban his hdd number, or windows pid.

but you have to know in some countries retrieving things like the windows pid is illigal xd

just keep banning his hardware, he wont have 200 friends, so you would win in the end :)

Dami

@JakeZeta:

> So far most of what I've read is spam. Banning his IP won't work. I'll just get that out now. Whoever it is could easily connect to your server through different IP's, so unless you want to be banning the same person for hours, I would suggest coding an Anti-SYI program that will block spammers. Theres also many other ways around this but I'm not going to go that in-depth in a post. Message me via the forums if for further discussion.

Spam? We never said to manually ban the IPs, we told him to set up a system which automatically gives a 15 minute ban to anyone who spams connections.