Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Port forwarding - tried everything, used to work

JSchilli1

Hey, everyone! I've been trying to set up a Minecraft server and I'm having issues with port forwarding. Here's some info.

Typing "localhost" into the Multiplayer box allows me to connect properly.

If someone on my network uses my local IP (192.168.1.101) and connects, it works.

I've tried port forwarding, adding exceptions to the firewall, disabling the firewall, disabling antivirus, everything.

Servers and port forward worked before I moved all of my stuff to my new Christmas computer.

Port checker says the following: Error: I could not see your service on 208.123.241.36 on port (25565)
Reason: Connection refused

I'm using the default port. (25565)

My HTTP server doesn't work either.

Anyone know what to do?

-JS1

@JS1:

> Yes, I changed the port to 192.168.1.101 instead of 192.168.1.100\. Still doesn't work.
>
> -JS1

Are you sure that .101 is the default gateway for the computer you are trying to host it on? I suggest you go to: Start -> Run -> CMD and then type in: Ipconfig - from there you will see a list of relevant information pertaining to your IP Address, what you are looking for is the "Default Gateway" it will be something like: "192.168.1.102" You will then need to forward the ports to the right computer. If the computer your hosting it on is 192.168.1.101 you will need to re-configure your router settings to froward to that address instead of the old one.

Hope this helps :)

@JS1:

> Yeah, the IP in IPConfig is 192.168.1.101, I already checked that.
>
> -JS1

Did you save the changes to your port forwarding page? Do you have your windows firewall turned on? It could honestly be a number of things. :) Maybe recheck and double check.

@JS1:

> Same modem.
>
> Router: Linksys WRT54G
>
> Windows 7, old computer was XP.
>
> Turning Windows Firewall off doesn't help.
>
> -JS1

Unless that port is specifically allowed through your firewall it needs to be turned off. Also some routers have a built in firewall that needs to be turned off via the gateway page.

Also, you might wish to try running your router in DMZ mode and see if it allows you to connect that way, if not its probably a firewall issue. If it does then you know that the ports were not forwarded correctly…

Another possibility is that the port you have forwarded isn't the one you are using in your client. I would go to the config file for your client and see what port you have it set to use... you may have forwarded 4000 for example but your client might be set to 7000\.

Example:

>! [Options]
Username=YOUR USER NAME
Password=
SavePass= 0
IP=YOUR IP ADDRESS
Port= 4000
MenuMusic=
Music= 1
Sound= 1
Debug= 0

Good luck man I hope you figure it out!

@JS1:

> Port is correct.
>
> Me right now:
>
> Port forwarded.
>
> Firewall off.
>
> DMZ mode on.
>
> Still nothing.
>
> Maybe you could get on TeamViewer?
>
> -JS1

Yeah, I can get on team viewer, PM me the link/connect info and I'll see if I can help.

*taps foot*
;)