Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Attack requirement

Scythe

im trying to get it so where the wep you are useing and the npc must have a attribute value the same but it will not work and I do not know why
here is what I have

there he is trying to remake EO's resource system..well I guess I am but he wants it

```
Dim Tool
    Tool = (Item(GetPlayerInvItemNum(Attacker, GetPlayerWeaponSlot(Attacker))).Tool)

If NPC(NPCnum).Behavior = NPC_BEHAVIOR_RESOURCE Then
        If Tool = (NPC(NPCnum).Tool) Then
            CanAttackNpc = True
            End If
        If Tool <> (NPC(NPCnum).Tool) Then
            Call PlayerMsg(Attacker, "you must use the right tool for the right job", RED)
                Exit Function
            End If
        End If
End If

```

@Scythe:

> what did u use instead of npc's I figured it would be easier and work almost the same and take less time to augment an existing system than to make a new one

There's already a resource system in EO. Why would you need to make a new one? :|

@Robin:

> There's already a resource system in EO. Why would you need to make a new one? :|

he wants to use ES :|
and it turns out they do not save right but they still show up in the editor :/ off the top of your head can you think of what or where the problem might be if you had to guess… besides the engine and switch to EO :)
>! OR ME!!!

Why is EO like the default version? and outdated is a matter of opinion and i prefer some of the features of ES over EO it is easier to add the things EO has to ES than the other way around and this is the last one i have to do. but ill try to figure it out thanks for your time anyway :)

@Scythe:

> Why is EO like the default version?

Obviously.

@Scythe:

> and outdated is a matter of opinion

No it is not. Damian himself says we should purge the forums of everything related to EE and ES.

@Scythe:

> and I prefer some of the features of ES over EO it is easier to add the things EO has to ES than the other way around and this is the last one I have to do. but ill try to figure it out thanks for your time anyway :)

Then you're a fool. It's impossible to re-program ES to match the stability and optimisation of EO.

ouch i dont consider myself a fool im just lazy and i know EO is faster and less buggy and all that but i dont want to take the time to reprogram all to ES stuff i like i just dont have time between saving so i can take formal programming classes and my current school i cant spend that mush time when a older version has most of it already done