Map Making
NPC Making
Resources
Customizing Game Client
Website
Port Forwarding
Patches

Items
To access the item interface log in to an account with Admin settings and in the chat box type /edititem. Now you will see a screen pop up. If you want to edit the current items just click on it on the side and edit the settings. To make a new item click on an entry without any name on it and then start filling out the item info. You can also make new item sprites in Photoshop and Paint. (I don't know how to make sprites at all :P)
Spells
This is my favorite part of designing the game. To access the spell interface all you have do is type /editspell in the chat box. Its very similar to the items interface. Its really easy to figure out. The only thing thats kinda tricky is actually implementing the spell in the game. All you have to do is make a spell item in the items interface. Just select the spell option and find the spell id of the spell you want it to teach.
Maps
I don't know why but I find this as the most boring and painstaking part of creating any game. To bring up the map editor just type in /editmap in the chat box. You can choose from an array of different layers to draw the tiles on. For the grass and paths you should use the ground layers. For anything you want your players to be able to move behind you should use the fringe layers. Fringe is good for trees and plants. For the attributes just check the attribute box beneath the layers pane. Now the layers pane is an attribute pane. Just fill in any attributes and select their properties and place them in your map. My favorite part of Eclipse Origins is definitely the resources. I love making mines and forests for players. If you hit the properties button you can access the maps main properties music, the name of the map, and the maps surrounding it. Just make sure that once you're done mapping you hit send and remember that if you teleport away from the map before you save it you will lose your changes.
NPC's
This is a really cool part of any game. Making Non-Player Characters (aka NPC's) can be fun at times and boring at others. Its also like making spells and items. Just type /editnpc instead. It should be very easy to figure out.
Resources
I love the new resources in Eclipse Origins. All you have to do is enter the map editing pane and hit attributes. Now click the Resource attribute and find the resource that you want to spawn. Click the map to add it. To actually edit the resources just type /editresource.
Customizing Game Client
This part can get very fun and at times EXTREMELY frustrating. Luckily, Eclipse Origins made this a LOT easier. All you really have to do is go into the data files folder in the client folder and then go to graphics. Now you can choose between the two different folders you want to edit. Pick which one you want to edit. Now you can open the files in Paint or Photoshop and edit them to say whatever you want! Just make sure that you keep a reference to Eclipse somewhere because the people that made this engine pwn and the whole world should know it :cheesy:! To edit the news you should just right-click the news.txt file in the data files folder and change the text to whatever you want.
Website
This is a BIG part of any game. The website! You have a few options here. You can host a website from your computer which can be dangerous if set up incorrectly and it can be very, very, very annoying. You can also use web hosts like webs.com. If you are making your own website to host on your computer then you should use the Apache webserver. If you are using a web host you can always use webs.com which is probably the best web host out there if you want a cheap and high-quality website. If you are hosting a website with Apache you can google guides on how to set it up. You will also need to know how to code in HTML. For webs.com all you need is an email account and they give you tools for editing the site. I actually host an Apache site and I also have a webs.com site. The Apache one is my patch server, download server, and a support website. The webs.com one is my public one for the forums and stuff like that.
Port Forwarding
This is a pretty complicated process. Port forwarding is necessary for making your game available to other people. First, go to Portforward.com and find your router. Now open Command Prompt and type in ipconfig. Now go up to where it says the Default Gateway of your network. Open a web browser and type that in. Now enter the login details that you found for your router on Portforward.com. Now go to forwarding and for port enter "7001" and then tell it to use both instead of TCP or UDP. Now hit apply. Now go to whatismyip.com and find your external ip. Now go into the data files folder in your public game client and for ip address type in the external ip that you found on the website.
Patching
I am currently still working on this part. Since I am a major programmer I love working on this. So far I have a Visual Basic downloader for downloading the patch files and I'm currently working on making the installer. You can do a search on how to make an autoupdater. I will work more on this topic once I actually get a working design. Robin did also release an autopatcher so you can search around the forums for that one. Have fun making and designing your games! Eclipse 4 life :P!

@Socuine:

> Would you buy a car without the opposite party showing valid pictures of the car you're buying? Not impressed.

The hell? lol.

I would suggest maybe making the categories different colors that are easy on the eye. It will help differentiate the different tutorials you are giving. Maybe even put the paragraphs in spoilers so that all the information does not hit you at one.

I would recommend what Socuine stated about maybe adding a couple of pictures, but just not with an attitude like he's the tutorial king.

Also, I know you pretty much have the information chopped down into paragraphs, but honestly it has been proven the humans are lazy and won't want to read a paragraph that is more than about 4 or 5 sentences  :P Do what I am doing and shorten your paragraphs even more by just a tad.

Overall, I AM VERY IMPRESSED because you took the time to type out all the basics people need to learn to use Origins. Good job! As I said, all you really need to do is make your information easier on the eyes. Good show!

• 3 weeks later...