Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upgrade Eclipse Origins v1.2.0 > v1.3.1

kuroshu

Hello,

Is there any easy / safe way to upgrade from Eclipse Origins v1.2.0 > v1.3.1 ?

I did not realize I was building my game using an outdated version of Eclipse Origins.

I have 2 Maps, NPCs, Spells, Animations, items, etc. I don't want to lose.

any ideas?

I don't think you can transfer your server files to 1.3.1, Robin always changes their formats when he releases a new version. You should make a backup of your server, and the only thing you can try is maybe trying to pass features from 1.3.1 to 1.2.0 to make it 1.3.1.

If you can't do that, Im aware you'll have to remake your files…

Don't build a game. Spend your time getting your graphics, data and structure of your game set up. Also spend time just learning how the source code is structured. It will make things a lot eisier once you do start building.

@Ambard:

> Don't build a game. Spend your time getting your graphics, data and structure of your game set up. Also spend time just learning how the source code is structured. It will make things a lot eisier once you do start building.

well… what if i have all that... and im ready to build my game? 

is Eclipse Origins not ready to be used for Full Game?

It is if you know what you're doing and you're willing to do work yourself.

Most people don't want to work on the engine because I'm still releasing new stuff. They keep saying "I'll use the next version and make a game with that". Then, when I release another version filled with awesome new features they all drop their existing work and move on to that.

It's a new experience for most people around here to use software which is actively being developed. All previous versions all had development dropped completely and people were used to the source code being constant over the years.

@kuroshu:

> Hello,
>
> Is there any easy / safe way to upgrade from Eclipse Origins v1.2.0 > v1.3.1 ?
>
> I did not realize I was building my game using an outdated version of Eclipse Origins.
>
> I have 2 Maps, NPCs, Spells, Animations, items, etc. I don't want to lose.
>
> any ideas?

WinMerge or Subversion are your best bets. Everyone thinks SVN is just a team working tool, but I use it and it greatly helps locate breaks and edits between the newer source files. Although merging these is not an easy task, if your not experienced in Visual Basic 6 you should just restart from the vanilla copy.