Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

UI & Pixel Artist - Recruitment thread

Morikem

![882e73f550.jpg](

Now that I have your attention on with the post-

Hi all, Grand Eternia is in need of supporters! The game is created on a custom EO 2.0 engine (Thanks Lavos)

We are looking for people who can fulfill these listed roles:

-Additional Pixel Artist/s (You'll be partly responsible for helping to create a unique style for the world of Eternia - the more artists we get, the more custom art we can do together!)

-UI Designer (You'll be partly responsible for creating the early version UI and later in version 4 and above you'll be tasked with overhauling to allow us to increase the size of the game window and game screen.)

_**Pixel Artist position/s**_

_**>! We are using a certain style choices for items, as seen below.
>!  
>! Items example (This is from the concept items list where I was testing concepts for items, cropped out are failure items)
>!
>! ![48340a8828.png](

>!  
>!  
>! The tileset of our game has a unique world design to it and we'd like you to join us in defining it! We feel it's important to have a defined style.
>!  
>! World map tileset example (see UI position for a screenshot of more)
>!
>! ![310acaf6c0.png](

>!  
>!  
>! So, there you have it, we'll just work on the tiles and starter items for now. Depending on how many contributors and supporters the game gets, we can expand our pixel art spectrum to include more custom art.

_**UI POSITION**_

_**>! I've been doing my own UI and no matter what I do the buttons look bad.
>!  
>! Looking for someone interested in doing graphic UI changes and improvements.
>!
>! ![6001071e22.jpg](

>!  
>! As you can see, the main UI is done, though it's not aligned fully - here's a list of what I'd like done.
>!  
>! BUTTONS - I have a base for you to work with, you just need to add text and states to it.
>! >! ![7c301ee819.png](

>!  
>! HEALTH BARS - As you can see, I tried just rendering cloud and overlaying a colour in Paint.NET, turned out not so great.
>!  
>! Graphical repositioning of buttons. Needs to fit a logout button somewhere on there.
>!  
>! The position is to fix this current version, but also in a later revision, we'll have the UI increased to accommodate a larger game window. (picScreen) so it would be great if you could be on board for then also.

Brief description

>! Fantasy online RPG featuring guilds, parties, dungeons, bosses, items, no automated buying/selling/skilling systems, no instances, pvp, exploration, varied locations and large world - Inspired by Dragon Warrior, Endless Online and Runescape with unique elements and features to come later in post 2.0 versions.

Whilst we would like to use a fully custom and unique art assets, such as tilesets, sprites and items, for the time being we have opted to only using custom world map tiles and item icons.

It is far more important to us that we release a playable game and have something that can be enjoyed and serves as a base for our future mechanics, than to spend months creating custom art before having a playable game. - this is the road many games take and subsequently never even make it to 1.0\. Games such as Silverdale and Crystalshire are our examples of ORPGs that have succeeded as fun, in part due to their ability to have people play, whilst creating art and features for players to enjoy. We would like an open development where design decisions are influenced very early by our players.

If you're interested in any of the above, please PM me and we can talk further.

Regards-

Mori**_**_
> I'm personally liking the look and feel of the game, keep up the nice work.

Thanks, I'd like to add that we've got a composer who will be making a custom MIDI soundtrack for us.

We are trying to make a definitive style that can be attributed to Grand Eternia, distinct, yet simple.

> right off the bat i can already see that the font doesn't even work well with your graphic style(not sure if it's just me or what). the buttons look a bit too faded into the background. Green, green and more green. other than that, meh.

Yeah, that's why in the post I'm looking for a UI artist to do the buttons…

> [http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=G12Q](http://images.mobilism.org/?dm=G12Q)
>
> Retro :^D

Sure.

But keep in mind I plan to have open areas that are non-world map travel too. Like forest fields, dungeon fields and town fields. In my game a Field is an area where the player can walk around at an accurate character to terrain ratio, like VX graphics.