Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Require a programmer - Very little effort required.

Solstice

I'm God and I'm 17, I'm a lover of retro style games, especially the final fantasy series (didn't like the fighting style the game chose in the entire series, loved the movement, music, cutscenes - was all just fantastic.)

I'm looking for someone who can code in VB6 to edit source files for the Eclipse Origins engine. Very little effort is required and you won't be needed to work full time. Your role will be to edit the source files as needed, in your spare time.

Currently there are only a few tasks that need to be done such as mp3 support:

These are samples from a variety of soundtracks from Johnathan Gholson - a composer who has composed music for various settings including live orchestra. This music was composed for a game called TGP RPG, that game has been cancelled and I now have the rights to use this in any project at my own discretion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnevzj4tk54&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwfsTD8UvaU&feature=related

There are more tasks that will be needed as time progresses, but for now the mp3 support source edits will be fine.

Details of the game will be on a need to know basis and is going to be kept hush-hush.

I don't mind if you join, code something, then leave. Working for the project will be an "at your own pace" requirement and you will have a generous time frame for completion. Experience isn't really neccasary but it will help, making this a good project to work with if you're new to programming or are learning. This project is a hobby project, and everyone commits their own resources within a timeframe as is needed, the team will assemble at a later date and become more organized and formal, but for now we'll just be doing things individually and contributing.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

If you're interested in other positions for a "work at your own pace" project, drop me a message.

Thanks, I wanted to give a project to someone who was either not great in VB6 or wanted to learn, as I see most of the projects around here always require and experienced VB6 programmer: My question is this- How do we get said experts if we don't give them a chance? ;)

HOWEVER that doesn't mean I'm against having a well versed VB6 professional as part of the team. ^^,