Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Quest System without much code, Please.

Miniroo92

Hi, I am looking for a simple quest system that doesnt require much in the way of extra code that needs to be added. You'll probably say 'look at the resources, there are loads', I know that much but they are all so complicated like this,

> QuestStatus = GetVar("/scripts/charextras/" & GetPlayerName(Index)

The quote was from Akselj's quest code as an example.

Has anybody got/found one that can be added into a half built eclipse origins game that doesnt really require me to add much more code from the downloaded file.

Miniroo92
Creative lead/Administrator of Arcadia RPG Development

@Soul:

> "Has anybody got/found one that can be added into a half built **eclipse origins** game that doesnt really require me to add much more code from the downloaded file. "

Lol, than it looks like he has added Sadscript to EO xd

That's hardly very nice, I have only just start using Eclipse, I'm hardly going to know it like the back of my hand. I am using Eclipse Origins, Does the first comment posted after mine work on EO? The quote was only an example, I found it on the forums, i dont use EE. I use EO.

@Miniroo92:

> That's hardly very nice, I have only just start using Eclipse, I'm hardly going to know it like the back of my hand. I am using Eclipse Origins, Does the first comment posted after mine work on EO? The quote was only an example, I found it on the forums, i dont use EE. I use EO.

That [EO] tag in the thread name means it works for EO.

@Miniroo92:

> That's hardly very nice, I have only just start using Eclipse, I'm hardly going to know it like the back of my hand. I am using Eclipse Origins, Does the first comment posted after mine work on EO? The quote was only an example, I found it on the forums, i dont use EE. I use EO.

Actually, I was going to fully explain that, but I was on a mobile. Basically anything in the Scripting section will not work because it is made for Evolution and Stable. Origins doesn't have a scripting system. The reason I said you don't understand the difference is because they look very similar. Aksel's quest system was made for Evolution and Stable. The fact that you quoted it showed that you didn't know the difference between coding and scripting.